Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Just another chargehole, lol

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When I did my NH <--> FL road trip last fall, my observation was that everyone knows to space out. However I can't conclude that it's knowledge of how the A/B sharing works, versus just instinctual urinal spacing mentality.

fwd0i.jpg
Except the urinal spacing model (not the one you depicted what that photo) only works on 1A,1B,2A,2B,3A,3B style stations. It's a really good habit to actually look for the numbers/letters, since they can be wacky as heck at some locations. Grants Pass I'm looking at you - 1A,2A,1B,2B,3A,3B,4A,4B.

Reactions: Country Roads
I was not very good at backing up my model 3 at first either. Have you ever parked poorly in an empty lot and said screw it. But then come back out of where ever and it isn't empty anymore so you look like a jerk? Maybe that's what's happening here.

No. Literally not a single time in my life, because I may be a sarcastic jerkass, but I am not inconsiderate and scummy. I also won't park poorly to fit into a space next to someone else who parked poorly, I just go park somewhere else.

I do like the cards. The trouble is the owner will assume it was left by a non Tesla owner that’s just jealous. There’s no such thing as legitimate criticism to people that pull this crap. Their reality is based in a different dimension. Sort of like dog owners that don’t train their dogs not to bark constantly. It’s the ‘wha???’ mentality.

I just ordered two sets of the "pulled in, pulled out" cards I referenced in my post above. It's perfect for ANY type of bad parking; Tesla vehicle or not. If I encounter a Tesla pulling a stunt like in the OP, I'll sign mine "A fellow Tesla owner who needed a charge". That way there's no doubt why he/she was tagged. My feeling is if you don't call out people for behavior like this, it just gives them license to continue doing the same thing.

Only problem with putting a card to a Tesla is that sentry mode will probably capture your face... Not sure if that's the best idea.
Easily taken care of during this period of COVID-19. After that, I think I know of a way to approach and deposit the card without revealing my face or physically touching the car, as long as the B pillar cameras are not recording. And really, I doubt that leaving a business card on the car, when it's similar to people putting advertising flyers on cars in a parking lot, is going to get the attention of the authorities. The owner would see that there's no malice in my actions and if they did complain, that would only show why they were being targeted in the first place (the bad parking job).

What if I run into some nutjob with a gun and a predisposition for violence? Well, I suppose you'll see it on the 11 o'clock news.

• Funny
Reactions: Siciliano
Wow, the amount of people out for blood over a bad parking job. Maybe he was afraid of that curb on 1a. I once got some nasty curb rash at a SC in VA.

Personally I am not a fan of having to back into the SC, and it usually takes me an attempt or three to be positioned properly. I am really surprised the cable reached from that position.

• Disagree
Reactions: flyingowl