Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Just another disappointing aftermarket experience

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
First was with Jeda ... and the Jeda Hub for Model Y. A month + with zero contact as well as following the thread as other have, the only contact I received was when I canceled the order.

Now, I gave RPMTesla a try for their perfect matching dash replacement with the alcantara.... the wood is ugly as hell.

Well, after two weeks with zero contact, I reached out and was told 1-2 weeks. Fine. Today marked 2 weeks and still zero contact. Ended up sending them an email and was told 3-4 weeks more.. Unreal. Bye bye.

I really hope this isnt their only source of income. What an embarrassment.

Jeda and RPMTesla both have exactly the same business plan: Charge customer immediately, offer no contact or extend the estimated ship date, then hope customer sucks it up and waits.

Sorry guys. As much as I do my best to support small businesses, you've failed your customers.

First was with Jeda ... and the Jeda Hub for Model Y. A month + with zero contact as well as following the thread as other have, the only contact I received was when I canceled the order.

Now, I gave RPMTesla a try for their perfect matching dash replacement with the alcantara.... the wood is ugly as hell.

Well, after two weeks with zero contact, I reached out and was told 1-2 weeks. Fine. Today marked 2 weeks and still zero contact. Ended up sending them an email and was told 3-4 weeks more.. Unreal. Bye bye.

I really hope this isnt their only source of income. What an embarrassment.

Jeda and RPMTesla both have exactly the same business plan: Charge customer immediately, offer no contact or extend the estimated ship date, then hope customer sucks it up and waits.

Sorry guys. As much as I do my best to support small businesses, you've failed your customers.

Do a charge back and go with somebody else. No reason to sit here and support horrid customer service.

Reactions: kayak1
I’m dealing RPM right now too. Their customer support is AWFUL and they are blaming me for their quality issues.
Agreed - they are pretty bad. I got a dashboard cover that warped and started lifting up. They said it wasn't defective and that I just needed to reposition it and sent me a new video on how to do it. The wood underneath the cover got ruined when I removed the cover. Best they can do is offer to send me some more double-sided tape to stick the warped cover back on. Oh, and all of these suggestions came after about 4 unanswered emails from me to them with photos.

Agreed - they are pretty bad. I got a dashboard cover that warped and started lifting up. They said it wasn't defective and that I just needed to reposition it and sent me a new video on how to do it. The wood underneath the cover got ruined when I removed the cover. Best they can do is offer to send me some more double-sided tape to stick the warped cover back on. Oh, and all of these suggestions came after about 4 unanswered emails from me to them with photos.
I'm interested in those covers, but they're all 3M stuck onto the wood which is pretty much guaranteed to ruin it given the wood grain. One company makes a new piece that replaces the wood, but they handle it as a core return. You're replacing your pretty new dash with someone else's potentially very used Model 3 dash.

No great options.

snip

and

Do a charge back and go with somebody else. No reason to sit here and support horrid customer service.
there is a reason they are 'small' businesses. it appears from all the posts of disappointment that they shall (should) remain ever thus. there are so many negative reviews of the companies that any positive reviews are from the companies themselves.

Reactions: kayak1
RPM is a different experience compared to a few months ago. I wonder if management has changed. They seem to have gotten more abrasive, less concerned, and fairly dismissive over losing business. They exist because of Tesla and they seem to care little about their tesla customers. I had an utterly mind numbing horrid exchange with them over faulty merchandise. NEVER will I conduct business with them again. Nor will 4 family/friends after my experience with them. This is a shame- I had every intention of supporting a small business in this difficult 2020. But, if is tough to do when it seems like someone is doing me a favor by taking money.

Reactions: jimmym1981
If YouTube is any indicator, nothing has changed at RPM. Mark from RPM has uploaded videos as recently as 2 weeks ago and had been for some time.

They simply must be flush with cash. Guess I better change mine for someone else's product.

I fell for RPM’s dash-matching wood veneer center console covers. What a mess. Took me hours to clean, install, and tape down.

There is NO WAY to get that kit to bond properly and not lift. When one panel lifted, it started catching the wood veneer on the adjacent panels and chipped them. Then the main cup holder panel cracked on its own.

I emailed photos of the disaster and was ignored for about three weeks. I was about to dispute with my CC when, to my amazement, they finally issued a full refund.

I ended up with an $18 wood grain vinyl kit from Amazon that installed in about 15 min and looks great!! People think it’s OEM.

Never will order from RPM again.

I’ve been waiting for this wood grain center console for a couple weeks with higher expectations. I thought maybe they were going with the new product or something. I’m going to have to go to the shop and take a look at it before I go through with this. For the time being I have canceled the order.

Edit: Let me say this. In 2018 when I got my first Tesla, an M3P, I went to RPM Tesla and met Mark. I had him do the chrome delete. He powder coated some wheels and did some other stuff. I felt he genuinely cared about my satisfaction and the products he was using. I bought his first vinyl wood grain for the center console and it actually looked pretty good. I don’t know what’s going on now but all these people can’t be wrong. I’ll sit on the sidelines for the time being.

Last edited:
I’ve been waiting for this wood grain center console for a couple weeks with higher expectations. I thought maybe they were going with the new product or something. I’m going to have to go to the shop and take a look at it before I go through with this. For the time being I have canceled the order.

Edit: Let me say this. In 2018 when I got my first Tesla, an M3P, I went to RPM Tesla and met Mark. I had him do the chrome delete. He powder coated some wheels and did some other stuff. I felt he genuinely cared about my satisfaction and the products he was using. I bought his first vinyl wood grain for the center console and it actually looked pretty good. I don’t know what’s going on now but all these people can’t be wrong. I’ll sit on the sidelines for the time being.

Mark comes across in his videos as a regular guy. That’s one of the reasons I went with the veneer cover. How bad could it be, right?

Here it is installed. Looked amazing for the first 12 hours or so:
407B9C68-50A4-4650-8AD1-FD3BD3292825.jpeg

Here it is taped down six ways from Sunday:
E890462C-E28A-43C3-B34F-1E395032D8B6.jpeg

Went out the next day and found the first crack in the cup holder panel...no one had been my MY since install:
9E71FAAA-BD90-4397-BFC5-F345B202D97D.jpeg

Then I tried to open a door, and the chipping started...keep in mind that when I left it the night before, all the panels were flush and the doors opened perfectly:
35079889-823A-4FA3-8DB5-658F3A25B1C7.jpeg
B01AA117-FCB3-4BAD-823A-C9D036A82F3D.jpeg

Then the top strip delaminated and a chunk broke off. At this point, I pulled all the panels before the adhesive could take a set:
F4A9152E-2AD6-4A5E-81CE-93F68CF6C65B.jpeg

Here’s the Amazon $18 vinyl kit installed. I’m so happy with how this came out:
540E64BA-A390-4918-B7CB-412041F73275.jpeg

• Informative
Reactions: Maryland
JF64K: CAN YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO THE Amazon page so I can order the same one you have?

Sure...almost forgot the golden rule: This thread is useless without links and/or pics haha!!

There are two kits. And they both come with two of everything in case you mess up!!

This one has more edge coverage, but is allegedly a little tougher to install. I bought it, but returned it:

https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B07T11FG99/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_bqZIFbY9B6RDD

THIS is the kit I used. It installed easily. No edge coverage but no one (including me) notices.

https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B0832Y7GG1/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_huZIFb0AG8AEY

I think we should all realize all of these companies sell basically the same Chinese junk that is sub par and worse than Tesla quality by far. I learned my lesson with my Wrangler and stopped buying the crap. What did I do when I got the Tesla - bought crap - crap failed - looks like crap after a bit. RPM and Jeda - 2 on my hit list - not happy with for various reasons. I will say abstract ocean is phenomenal when it comes to communication and making things right - they ship fast and do a good job - if - you want the crap ;)