Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Just another example of the Tesla sterling service… 🙄

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Come on, it clearly will need to go through Tesla's insurance, which from the article is all that seems to be happening. The insurers will need to confirm it's a write off and that they will pay out to Tesla. Someone made a mistake, unfortunate but it happens. Its sadly the case that whenever your vehicle is in an accident it's a load of hassle for you, irrespective of fault.

The Norweigen owners complaints are very varied, some sounded like simple service issues (Trunk lid filled with water) and others are just random nutcase complaints (promised free charging throughout the car's lifetime, but the new charging stations do not fit the car).

I've used service several times for new car issues (it's currently in getting a new Super Manifold) and always had good service from the folks at West Drayton and Reading.
Since it happened in their care, and there's a good chance that it was the tech that was responsible (judging by the Police report), it seems the least they could do would be to supply a loan car, but it sounds like they're not even doing that.

The article suggests he found an alternative car in inventory to swap to which was signed off on, and then rescinded. Why? Obviously the accident wasn't his fault, could they not supply him with that car and then deal with the insurance and who is to blame matter at their own pace?

I don't see why the owner has to suffer the delays and potential wranglings when he wasn't even involved.

Since it happened in their care, and there's a good chance that it was the tech that was responsible (judging by the Police report), it seems the least they could do would be to supply a loan car, but it sounds like they're not even doing that.

The article suggests he found an alternative car in inventory to swap to which was signed off on, and then rescinded. Why? Obviously the accident wasn't his fault, could they not supply him with that car and then deal with the insurance and who is to blame matter at their own pace?

I don't see why the owner has to suffer the delays and potential wranglings when he wasn't even involved.
They have an insurer, and they will have a process to go through to value the loss, the scrap value, clearing any finance etc. There would be lots of financial irregularity and tax implication if they just gave away stock. What would happen if finance hadn't been checked and this individual had loans for the old car and now defaulted on them? All that needs to be sorted out.

Sure it's a complete pain for the unlucky owner, just like if you get in a no fault accident in the UK, it takes months to be resolved. It sucks.

Reactions: KennethS
I'm going to guess that BMW have been able to built up their car fleet as a way to fill orders when manufacturing has exceeded demand. This hasn't happened with Tesla, so every loaner car is a car they can't sell.
That's my stab at the reasoning for it - we'd rather sell cars, and poor service isn't getting in the way of our sales. It'll bite them in the rear sooner or later..
They can provide other brands for loaners.

Tesla is the most valuable of all car makers. There is really no excuse.

According to Teslarati (and let’s face it, they’re hardly impartial hacks), some dude had his Model S destroyed at a Service Centre appointment.

You’d think they’d go out of their way to make it right, wouldn’t you?

Well, think again…

This, along with multiple experiences posted in these forums, and even Norwegian Tesla owners feeling that they need to perform media stunts to be listened to suggest that Tesla’s arrogance may well be an even bigger problem than I suspected

Teslas customer service is fine if you fit within the box with a common problem easily fixed, outside of that it’s not always plain sailing. It’s clear that Tesla plays borderline by the consumer laws for those that have had issues, as most will just wait and accept what Tesla says.

If Tesla smashed someone cars the least you would expect is them to make right, the reason they are probably delaying things is to stop them losing out, at the expense of an innocent customer.

Despite what some ‘super fans’ claim service is always amazing, it’s quite clear that’s not the case for all. The problem however isn’t worth the person you deal with but upper management.

• Disagree
Reactions: GRiLLA and Durzel
The owners insurance is one thing, but Tesla as a company owes the owner to make him feel better by providing a loaner.

You fanboys are just too much, sometimes.
Cool your jets- I am no fanboy of Tesla.

People's unrealistic expectations are just that- unrealistic. I've worked in the insurance industry in my past and I know one thing- when you have a loss you then let the insurance company deal with it and you chivvy them along if they are being tardy. That's who your contract lies with, that's why we pay through the nose for the service.

I also know that people going outside the terms of their contract and demanding or expecting something other than what they have contracted for are generally disappointed. As are those that try and cut side deals.

So cool your entitled privilege and see this for exactly what it is. A very third-rate "journalist" filling column inches on a very second-rate clickbait website in order to pay his bills.

Cool your jets- I am no fanboy of Tesla.

People's unrealistic expectations are just that- unrealistic. I've worked in the insurance industry in my past and I know one thing- when you have a loss you then let the insurance company deal with it and you chivvy them along if they are being tardy. That's who your contract lies with, that's why we pay through the nose for the service.

I also know that people going outside the terms of their contract and demanding or expecting something other than what they have contracted for are generally disappointed. As are those that try and cut side deals.

So cool your entitled privilege and see this for exactly what it is. A very third-rate "journalist" filling column inches on a very second-rate clickbait website in order to pay his bills.

Chuckle. You did not understand my post.

This is not about insurance. This is about maintaining goodwill. Something you apparently have very little knowledge of.

And I am ‘entitled’ for suggesting that a customer should expect the bare minimum of good behavior from Tesla?

Last edited: