Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Just another order placed

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi.

I placed my order yesterday for an 85Kwh Model S with the following packages:

Tech Package
Smart Air Suspension
Parking Sensors
Rear facing Seats
Metalic Silver
All Glass Panoramic Roof
Standard Leather

Expected delivery, sometimes in April 2014...

Actually my biggest concern was the "Smart Air Suspension", in our little household we currently have a Mercedes W221 S-class, and a Mercedes W164 ML 4wd, both with Mercedes Airmatic. I noticed in the showroom iin Copenhagen that the air compressor for the Tesla is the same as the one sitting in both Mercedes we have.

This compresser has in our car been replaced at around every 3 years for both cars with a cost around 2.000 USD each time. And latest replacement where in 2012, so I do not think that Mercedes has produced better quality compressors since...

Anyone else have had the same experience with the compressors for the air suspensions?

The reasson for adding them even though the problems I have had with them, is that they are REALLY nice to have when driving :cool:

BTW the sales person in Copenhagen just said to go with the 3p 16A red plug charger for 11kw, instead of spending a lot of money on all kinds of home chargers with a monthly fee...Thay way I saved roughly 2.000 USD + the monthly fee.

/Martin

What monthly fee? I ordered from ratio.nl a 3x32A home charger that has a pre-attached Type-II charging cable and the price + shipping is 820 eur. In Estonia we have a subsidy for home chargers up to 1000 eur so I get it for free, but it's for sure not $2000 + monthly fee... The benefit however is that you have a stationary charging solution at home and no need to take the UMC out. I see you didn't order twin chargers so you'll be limited to 11kW charging so might want to look for 3x16A charger that is likely to be even cheaper than the one I quoted.

In denmark, we have a company called clever.dk with them you pay a startup fee at 2475 USD and a monthly fee at around 60 USD for the box, (You will ofcourse still pay for each kw/h you charge)...And that was for the 11Kw charger, the 22kw is a bit more expensive. This is why I was recommended just to use a 3x16A plug that would chage the car at around 8-9 hours.

/Martin

Hi

What benefits will I get for spending roughly around 1000 USD for the charger, instead of just 25 USD for the 3 phase 16A wall plug, they will both charge the car at 11Kw?

Just had a brief look at the Tesla webstore, looks like the additionally 11Kw second charger can be added to the car as an aftermarket option.

/Martin

Hi.

I placed my order yesterday for an 85Kwh Model S with the following packages:

Actually my biggest concern was the "Smart Air Suspension", in our little household we currently have a Mercedes W221 S-class, and a Mercedes W164 ML 4wd, both with Mercedes Airmatic. I noticed in the showroom iin Copenhagen that the air compressor for the Tesla is the same as the one sitting in both Mercedes we have.

This compresser has in our car been replaced at around every 3 years for both cars with a cost around 2.000 USD each time. And latest replacement where in 2012, so I do not think that Mercedes has produced better quality compressors since...

Anyone else have had the same experience with the compressors for the air suspensions?

The reasson for adding them even though the problems I have had with them, is that they are REALLY nice to have when driving :cool:

/Martin

Congrats on your order. I can only say that we are at 16000+ miles (almost 26000 km) and have had zero problems with the air suspension - knock on wood. Also, for those problems that I have had, it has always been fixed expediently under warranty. So even if Mercedes is likely behind the suspension (being a Tesla stakeholder, it's likely), you may be better covered than with Mercedes, at least for the first four years (or eight, if you spring (he he) for the extended warranty).

- - - Updated - - -

Hi

What benefits will I get for spending roughly around 1000 USD for the charger, instead of just 25 USD for the 3 phase 16A wall plug, they will both charge the car at 11Kw?

Just had a brief look at the Tesla webstore, looks like the additionally 11Kw second charger can be added to the car as an aftermarket option.

/Martin

You can, but it's almost twice as expensive to do it afterwards compared to during construction.

Hi

/Martin

If you go with single charger, probably not much difference except for the comfort that you're not using the UMC, but use a dedicated charger that is fixed in location. This way even if your UMC were to die you can still charge at home :) If you go with twin chargers, then for sure the charger at home is necessary. I guess I live in a lucky country that finances the home charger installation for close to 100% :) There's also safety that they claim is the reason they subsidy this. No clue if that's relevant with the UMC and Model S, but who knows...

Hi.

I am sorry but I just can not see the business case. They say on that website that you will save around 900 DKK per year with government incentives. But you are paying around 8.500 DKK up front, that means there is a ROI of 9.5 years, and that is only if the government incentive continues after 2015.

- - - Updated - - -

Hi.

I am sorry but I just can not see the business case. They say on that website that you will save around 900 DKK per year with government incentives. But you are paying around 8.500 DKK up front, that means there is a ROI of 9.5 years, and that is only if the government incentive continues after 2015.

Sorry, this was a reply regarding the Dansk Elbil Support site. Did not state that very clearly in my reply.

/Martin