TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Just as I thought the P85+ couldn't get any better :)

Discussion in 'Model S: Driving Dynamics' started by simplesolar, Oct 21, 2013.

1. Dreamin

Dreamin Member

Having owned both PS2 and PSS - though on different cars, so objective+subjective opinion:

PSS have more grip than PS2
    PSS have slightly more road noise than PS2
    PSS are silent when they break-away / start to slip; the PS2s howled (which I prefer).

PSS is I believe a 5-6 year newer design than the PS2. Better material science, additional R&D, etc would account for high tread life rating and a stickier compound.

2. NoMoDinos

NoMoDinos Member

Simplesolar - Thanks for sharing the info! It's encouraging to hear that they may offer better tread wear without sacrificing performance. They look great, too. Please keep us updated on how much mileage you get out of them!

3. longice

longice New Member

Hi, I'm waithing for my tesla coming in about a month. Now looking for some nice summer wheels. I think the Vorsteiner look awsome! But please tell me the offsets in front and rear. Thanks:)

4. longice

longice New Member

Hello everyone! I'm new to this forum. Waithing for my Tesla Model S coming very soon, and are now looking for some nice summer wheels. Anyone knows what offsets there are on these?

5. Blathering1

Blathering1 Remember

Reviving a bit of an old thread--- Simple Solar and others who have gone with staggered 20's and PSS, how are they performing now that you have some miles on them?

6. simplesolar

simplesolar Member

Wow old thread. I now have 25,000 miles on them and just hit a nail last week. When I took it to the tire shop and they said I still had 4-5/32 left in the rears. I was pretty shocked how much tread is still left given everyone complaining on the forum. I think 40k rears and 50k front is no problem on these given good alignment. Not to mention the tires cost almost half of the 21" ps2s

7. R²B

R²B All Star

What's the story with those calipers?