Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Just Assigned VIN! Question Regarding Model Y Changes

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was just assigned a VIN# (81xxx) and plan to take delivery of my MY Performance in the next couple of weeks!

I’ve heard rumors of some updates making it to the new Model Ys and curious if any of them will be on my MY (new batteries with increased range, laminated glass, heated mirrors, etc.)? Can anyone comment who has taken delivery recently? Also, are these cars now 2021 models?

Thanks!

I was just assigned a VIN# (81xxx) and plan to take delivery of my MY Performance in the next couple of weeks!

I’ve heard rumors of some updates making it to the new Model Ys and curious if any of them will be on my MY (new batteries with increased range, laminated glass, heated mirrors, etc.)? Can anyone comment who has taken delivery recently? Also, are these cars now 2021 models?

Thanks!
Yes it’s a 2021 model and should have the laminated front door windows. I don’t think that you will have the updated batteries.

Thanks!
The new features do not include heated mirrors; the side view mirrors in the Model Y have always been heated when you turn on the defroster. The new feature is that the side view mirrors will automatically dim at night. The driver and front passenger windows are now made of laminated glass (reduces outside noise from entering the cabin.)

the vehicle’s year is identified by a letter or number in the 10th position from the left in the VIN.

Example 1995 VIN Number: 1P8ZA1279SZ215470
the vehicle’s year is identified by a letter or number in the 10th position from the left in the VIN.

Example 1995 VIN Number: 1P8ZA1279SZ215470

M = 2021

therefore using the above vin 1P8ZA1279MZ215470 would indicate that the car is a 2021 model.