Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Just Became A New Model S 90D Owner. Full Review/Observations

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I bought this for the well in the trunk and it does keep things from sliding around there. Suppose it could also be used up top? I like it hidden, though.
Amazon.com: Rola 59001 M.O.V.E. Rigid-Base Trunk Organizer: Automotive

Thanks for the great review! Enjoy!

Appreciate the tip on storage. I just placed an order for it on amazon. Looks like it will definitely be helpful for groceries and as you mentioned can be hidden in that footwell when not in use. Thanks

I bought this for the well in the trunk and it does keep things from sliding around there. Suppose it could also be used up top? I like it hidden, though.
Amazon.com: Rola 59001 M.O.V.E. Rigid-Base Trunk Organizer: Automotive

Thanks for the great review! Enjoy!

The advantage of the Highlander is that it collapses to floor, and has rigid walls, the dividers store flush and the front and back lock over, so you can carry the entire collapsed organizer by the handle if you need to remove it. My 10yo will not die, heavy stuff is held in place well:

Amazon.com: Highland 1980000 Space Master Vehicle Cargo Organizer: Automotive

71mmDS89eGL._SL1500_.jpg

The advantage of the Highlander is that it collapses to floor, and has rigid walls, the dividers store flush and the front and back lock over, so you can carry the entire collapsed organizer by the handle if you need to remove it. My 10yo will not die, heavy stuff is held in place well:

Amazon.com: Highland 1980000 Space Master Vehicle Cargo Organizer: Automotive

View attachment 106156

Wow. That actually is perfect and very similar to setup I had in my old car (was a Mercedes accessory that had plastic dividers that were removable so the whole thing would go flat if needed (helpful when putting luggage etc). I just got on amazon now and bought one (canceled my above previous order but can always get that if needed later)

Thanks for the tip

I am 37, just bought my first Model S 90D.
Almost identical options as you so I can say easily this is the fastest car I've owned. I've had a few hot rods but they all need to change gears where this ride is just all go.

Very high tech ride, loving the personalization the car provides.
I got the Pano roof to add some travel racks so looking forward to that.

Thanks, great review! Your observation about the front passenger seat belt hit home with me. Several of my passengers have had trouble with it. I had not seen that mentioned before by anyone else in all my reading over the past 18 months or so.
I'll have to look into your solution.

Thanks, great review! Your observation about the front passenger seat belt hit home with me. Several of my passengers have had trouble with it. I had not seen that mentioned before by anyone else in all my reading over the past 18 months or so.
I'll have to look into your solution.

I'm glad I'm not the only one. Lol. I think the next generation seat design makes the angle for seat belt very awkward. I'm hoping you have the front console accessory tesla sells because I think you need that in order for that stop Gap neoprene sleeve to wedge between seat and console and be fixed. In that situation you can adjust it so that it forces the belt holster to angle forward better.

I am jealous. I ordered my S 90D Dec 27 and waived the ten day wait to get the process started. Now they're saying it will arrive in mid-February. I see yours (xrayvsn) arrived in about 60 days, right? So I just have to be patient. arrrghhh

Jon

2016 Model S 90D, white, pano, nav, AP, next Gen tan, 19" cyclones, dual chargers, #123,267

Did you max charge the battery yet?

I did for a long trip and it went to 283 max charge for the 90D I've got. Interested in what yours is.

I haven't maxed charged yet, mainly at 90% charge which I get 257-258 miles. When I picked it up from the dealer they did max charge (is that common by the way? Seems that they say 100% charge not good for batteries yet they left it at 100% for who knows how long). At pickup it had 278 range. Of course this is no where near what I get bc I like to drive a bit fast (79 mph) on highways so my kwh is lot higher than rated (in cold Temps we are having at that speed I'm averaging about 380 energy use (forgot units))

I am jealous. I ordered my S 90D Dec 27 and waived the ten day wait to get the process started. Now they're saying it will arrive in mid-February. I see yours (xrayvsn) arrived in about 60 days, right? So I just have to be patient. arrrghhh

Jon

2016 Model S 90D, white, pano, nav, AP, next Gen tan, 19" cyclones, dual chargers, #123,267

I so feel your pain. Honestly the best way to pass the time is set up google alerts for Tesla Model S and just read these forums to pick up a ton of tricks/tips so that when you finally get the car, you can jump in right away without a huge learning curve.

As far as waiting time, I'm not sure if mine would be the best to use as an example. I placed my order in mid October, waited the 1 wk time, but originally had it for April 2016 delivery. Only in the mid/end of November did I ask to bump it up to ASAP, which they were able to do with a Dec 19 delivery. Not sure how early I would have gotten it if I just wanted to have it delivered ASAP from the time I put my deposit. Regardless, this car is so worth the wait though.

Yesterday leaving work, I saw some stranger taking pictures of my car in the parking lot, going around it from all angles. He saw me and said "is this yours?" and then said what a beautiful car and hope that I didn't mind him taking pics of it. Never drove a vehicle with that kind of attention.

Copy that, yeah I've been flying in my car which is about normal for California driving, lol.

We paid 3k for 6% more range +/- so I was hoping to get to 286 on max charge up from the 270 rated online. 283 is pretty good plus being cold. I'd think in spring or summer 286 should be achievable.

I'm also thinking about adding the Whisper Bar travel rack so I can add luggage or ski racks to the roof.

For those of you that recently took delivery of a 90D and are tracking your rated range at 90% and 100% take a look at the link below in the event you start seeing it drop fairly quickly. It's apparently nothing to worry about but if it happens you should report it formally to your Service Center during your next visit.

90D Range slowly declining

Looks like we both took delivery at the Brentwood SC around the same time - welcome!

That's awesome. I must have seen your car then, because when I picked up mine, there were 2 white Model S's in showroom with Notice of please do not touch since already bought.

Still can't believe how amazing this car is. Actually look forward to going to work in the morning so I can drive it :) And I can't say enough about Autopilot, makes the commute so much more relaxing (never knew how stressful morning commute was until had this to compare it to (plus HOV lane access is a huge bonus :) ).

For those of you that recently took delivery of a 90D and are tracking your rated range at 90% and 100% take a look at the link below in the event you start seeing it drop fairly quickly. It's apparently nothing to worry about but if it happens you should report it formally to your Service Center during your next visit.

90D Range slowly declining

This is very important. Tesla dismisses this as a software issue, even if both range and available kWh seems to plummet at first compared to S85Ds who seem to have quite stable max range. Tesla claims it`s calculation issues.....