Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Just bought 245/45/18 4s Michelin replacement

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The PS4S are just generally great tires. I run a staggered set-up with aftermarket wheels, and have that same model & size tire on my fronts. It is a great upgrade over the stock tires for 18" wheels.

...But... PS4S are supposed to bad in snow. Not for cold weather folks.

I found the PS4S were more quiet than the stock MXM4

I have 265/40-18 on the rears (wider than stock wheels.)

PS4S-Rear.jpg

Has anyone on the forum considered (or maybe even bought) the Pirelli Centurato P7? It’s also available in 245/45R18 as an All Season tire and the tread wear rating is 700 (vs the Michelin at 500). Just found them on tire rack for $147 per tire which is $45 less than the Michelins. Gonna need tires soon, just curious if anyone has experience with these Pirellis.

@Johnny Mac @TEG Can you speak to the treadwear you're experiencing?

So far it has been great, but I have only put about 6000 miles on them so far, so not enough to have a real long term verdict.

And yes, I took a range/efficient hit, but I haven't calculated exactly how much less range I have now. I am assuming at least 10% compared to the stock tires/wheels.
Given I run the wider rears now, I am not a direct comparison to putting PS4S on the stock 18" wheels.

I’ve been running these exact tires for 4 months and I concur they are great. I can’t speak for their snow performance since it doesn’t snow in the northeast anymore but overall they’re excellent. I’ve read a lot of complaints about road noise but that has not yet materialized I’m my case.