Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Just Bought A 2020 Model Y Long Range...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi Gang,

First post. Just bought a 2020 Model Y Long Range (with autopilot) from a local dealer. Traded my Jeep Trackhawk in on it. Really clean car, enjoying it alot, but did have some questions.

1. When you google my VIN it shows up as a Y performance, but my car is a Long Range...is that normal? The VIN is:

5YJYGDEF7LF000649

2. When fully charged my cars range is 299 miles, online it says 326. Is that normal?

3. My steering wheel is slightly crooked to the right, the car has 8k on the odo, I have read that service will cover that free and it's a common issue, is that true?

4. Is the performance upgrade worth the 2k?

Here are some pics, looking forward to getting to know everyone.

180252992_10158458227331775_1826717925460305907_n.jpg

180762323_10158458227871775_2482358020410736857_n.jpg

1. Yes. Early builds have the “980” rear performance motor.

2. 299 is accurate (316 at new then Panasonic was able to squeeze out more energy in later builds)

3. Avoid the SC for the alignment $$$. Find a good shop. Also, less hassle.

4. We don’t have the upgrade (yet) but definitely plan on it!!!

*We have an identical build (F000694)

1. Yes. Early builds have the “980” rear performance motor.

2. 299 is accurate (316 at new then Panasonic was able to squeeze out more energy in later builds)

3. Avoid the SC for the alignment $$$. Find a good shop. Also, less hassle.

4. We don’t have the upgrade (yet) but definitely plan on it!!!

*We have an identical build (F000694)
Thank you! So just to clarify, is my long range early bird performance model as fast a normal performance model?

Also, the local tesla service center has said my steering wheel alignment will be free...

If you are comfortable sharing, what was the cost? I am seeing used Tesla Ys go for more than original MSRP so curious to see if people are actually paying that or if it’s just wishful thinking from the dealers.
Tesla never gives discounts or up-charges on their MSRP.. Howevever, their MSRP has been a moving target...
2 months ago or so, the Model Y LR MSRP was $48990.. then it went to $49990 and then it went to $50490 and now it is $50990.
Options are extra.. Destination Fee and dealer fee (total $1200) are added to all orders. Add sales tax and that's that's what you are going to pay..
MSRP really is a term that doesn't apply to the Tesla sales model.. They don't have independent dealerships that may add to or discount from the price. You buy directly from Tesla and the price is the same for everyone..

Also, I did the performance boost today. Excellent! Lol.
option to refund the 2k for the boost and get the ghost mod, which makes it a P for $2400,

option to refund the 2k for the boost and get the ghost mod, which makes it a P for $2400,
Oh mannn!!! This is great. Lol. I’ll cancel mine tomorrow and order.

I paid 62 but I have no idea what the msrp was. Can anyone tell me that?
MSRP would have been $49000 + $2000 for wheels and $1000 for paint. $52000. You mention autopilot but all Teslas come with autopilot now so do you mean Full Self Drive? That would get what you paid as identical to msrp ($10000 option now, probably $8000 for original buyer). Original buyer got to drive for a year for taxes, delivery and license/registration minus the $2000 FSD difference (~$4000). If you do have regular autopilot and not FSD then the seller made some money along the way.

MSRP would have been $49000 + $2000 for wheels and $1000 for paint. $52000. You mention autopilot but all Teslas come with autopilot now so do you mean Full Self Drive? That would get what you paid as identical to msrp ($10000 option now, probably $8000 for original buyer). Original buyer got to drive for a year for taxes, delivery and license/registration minus the $2000 FSD difference (~$4000). If you do have regular autopilot and not FSD then the seller made some money along the way.
Man. Talk about not doing (or caring to) do your homework.....

mine has FSD and I think the rims were extra too. I figured my msrp was right around what I paid. I traded my Trackhawk in on it and made 8k on my hawk compared to what I paid. So I’m at least happy about that. Lol.

mine has FSD and I think the rims were extra too. I figured my msrp was right around what I paid. I traded my Trackhawk in on it and made 8k on my hawk compared to what I paid. So I’m at least happy about that. Lol.
Ok, if it has FSD then that’s better. I think the idea is you could have had all that brand new for the same price plus taxes and license which you had to do anyways. And places that will give you X for a trade will buy it for the same X. If you state allows you to offset taxes with your trade in then that would be a good reason to buy that way sinice Tesla routinely is the lowest price for trades.

Reactions: ArabianOak
so i would assume mine was either 64,290 or 65,290 new...i looked on cars.com and there are not enough for sale to determine if I got a terrible deal. lol. i am very happy with it so far though. i have opted to keep my accel boost from tesla instead of doing the ghost. the accel boost is plenty for me and i dont need to unplug anything for warranty work!