Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Just bought a solid black new face S60 from Melbourne centre

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

joninmelbourne

Solid Black S60 new face
Jun 29, 2016
Melbourne
Hi there,

Just bought an inventory solid black S60 from the Melbourne depot; apparently someone cancelled their order. It is currently at the docks and delivery is "within the next two weeks". Can't wait! It completely base though, so hopefully that won't be an issue. Standard cloth seats, but another 60 they had out back with cloth seats looked good though. Does anybody know if the American leather seat covers you can get for Tesla will fit a right hand drive? Should be no difference? Interest as we have a toddler who is fond of throwing food around in the back...

Also i'm interested in the ecohitch for Tesla that you can get in the USA too for carrying bikes. Anybody fit a tow hitch on their S here yet? It would just be for bikes so would not need to take much weight.
Anyway, will post photos when it is delivered. Will join the new club and see you all at Baby Pizza in Richmond sometime soon!
Cheers
Jon

Reactions: PtG62901 and Ormond
Hi there,

Just bought an inventory solid black S60 from the Melbourne depot; apparently someone cancelled their order. It is currently at the docks and delivery is "within the next two weeks". Can't wait! It completely base though, so hopefully that won't be an issue. Standard cloth seats, but another 60 they had out back with cloth seats looked good though. Does anybody know if the American leather seat covers you can get for Tesla will fit a right hand drive? Should be no difference? Interest as we have a toddler who is fond of throwing food around in the back...

Also i'm interested in the ecohitch for Tesla that you can get in the USA too for carrying bikes. Anybody fit a tow hitch on their S here yet? It would just be for bikes so would not need to take much weight.
Anyway, will post photos when it is delivered. Will join the new club and see you all at Baby Pizza in Richmond sometime soon!
Cheers
Jon
Good on you Jon,
You'll like it more than what you are driving now, and I don't even have to ask what you are driving now to know that;)!

Reactions: GSP
Baby Pizza sounds good, will get a charge too! Yes Paul, just checked the owners manual online and I see their recommendation not to fit covers due to the side airbags possibly snagging on them. Maybe there is some spray treatment I can get like you can get for fabric sofas which waterproofs the fibers and stops them staining.

Thanks for the encouraging comments everyone! XWing your S60 sounds fully loaded! Yes could be on the same boat. Would be interesting to compare the feature of our new cars; base vs options. From what I've been reading the new 60's are the best yet because of being really a 75kwh battery we get faster super charging as the super charger won't tapper off when we get near 100% (which is really 80%). I wonder too if any battery degradation on ours won't show because of the 15kwh buffer on the battery. Will the computer just keep the level at 60kwh as our battery gets older? Hope so, that would be a great perk! Thanks Electric Blue too. See you Novatec at Baby Pizza !

Almost fully loaded! I actually just added auto pilot to delivery as the price has gone up and they let me have it at the old price since it is just software. Means it's not really that much cheaper once you add in the LCT and Stamp Duty but it avoids any issues with doing it too soon after delivery for pretty much the same price. From what I'm hearing we should be fine to charge the 60 to 100% but I hadn't thought about the computer utilising the full 75 to keep it at 60 that would be a very cool perk.

I'm so damn excited about picking it up! Have been waiting years for this and now it's so close. I still haven't even seen a face lifted S in the wild aside from the display model in the Richmond store.

Just been informed that the new 60kwh has not been approved by the Australian Design Rules team yet so although the car is at the dealer it can't be driven for a few more weeks until it is approved as a new type in Australia. Now thinking whether it's worth waiting until January to have 2017 registered car for future resale value. By the time it's delivered may only be 2 months off 2017. But I guess they won't return the deposit.

Just been informed that the new 60kwh has not been approved by the Australian Design Rules team yet so although the car is at the dealer it can't be driven for a few more weeks until it is approved as a new type in Australia. Now thinking whether it's worth waiting until January to have 2017 registered car for future resale value. By the time it's delivered may only be 2 months off 2017. But I guess they won't return the deposit.
Yes I've been in and gone through the hand over but can't drive it till the 3rd of October. It's been a long wait so I'm just trying to stay cool and calm but I'm so damn ready to drive it! Seems that the 75's went through fine so not sure what the hold up has been with the 60.

• Informative
Reactions: ModelX
Yes I've been in and gone through the hand over but can't drive it till the 3rd of October. It's been a long wait so I'm just trying to stay cool and calm but I'm so damn ready to drive it! Seems that the 75's went through fine so not sure what the hold up has been with the 60.

Very strange considering the 60 *is* a 75kWh in every way that should matter to ADRs.

Hope all goes well. BTW Nice delivery day, Same day as the first TOCA get together across the road at Baby Pizza, so you don't have to drive far.
Come over to meet up.
PS same spec as ours - you will love it.
so I've actually had the car delivered today. Surreal since I can't actually drive it yet! Just had to walk around it and admire it A LOT. It's in the garage for the next week as we are going away and then apparently from the 3rd I can drive it. There's a chance I could still make it for pizza.

Aside from some paint runs on the front spoiler that they buffed out for me the car now appears to be in perfect condition and believe me I've had a good look!

Superb XWing, so mine was due this Friday so I will see how this affects my one. So how did you get it home if you can't drive it? Did they truck it to your door? I thought they only let people pick them up from the showroom.
Yeah they trucked it. Was a bit of unique scenario because I was going away and initially they didn't want to have to hold on to it but I couldn't drive it so they trucked it. At this stage it looks like Monday 3rd of October will be the day it gets the tick of approval, but there's always a chance it goes through a little earlier I guess.

Congrats on your telsa,
I am currently looking into buying the model s 60 and I was wondering what's the cost in upgrading to the 75 after you get the car?
as I was looking on the website and its close to 20k to do it at pos, so I was wanting to know if its the same or more or less then getting it at pos?