Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Just bought a used 2018 Model X 100D!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You are going to love the extra range with traveling. I went from an X 90 to an X 100 as well (signature has details).
Thanks! One interesting thing I noticed from my new 100D MX is that the charging gets stuck at 97% and does not move further. (I waited for 1 hour!!). It says "charging complete" but SOC on the app and the instrument cluster days "97%" and does not move further. No current coming in per the charging indicator. I have 275 Miles at 97%. Is this normal? Never had this problem with previous Teslas.. I don't often charge to 100%. Did it one time to check the rated miles at 100% SOC.

Last edited:
I tried to charge my 2018 MX100D to 100% yesterday, and range got to 279 miles, but was at "charging" and 100% for over 15 minutes (at home) and range never increased and I never got to "charge completed" so I gave up. Attached are two screenshots, at 10:39 and 10:54. Slight changes in SOC Expected and SOC Min. Drove about 140 miles and was at 45% showing 125 range left. This was at speeds no more than about 60 mph with many stop and go's. I usually get about 210-230 miles range on the highway at 80mph. Ambient temp was cool, in the 60's and somewhat windy.

You may have a degraded cell or something that the SC may be able to diagnose, and maybe a warranty issue.

103959.jpg
105410.jpg

Yep.. fixed an appointment on Tuesday.. Let's see what the SC says.. Mine is a June 2018 manufactured with odometer at 34,000 miles.
It shows 139/140 miles for me at 50% SOC. The last 3% seems to be the problem for me.
The good thing is, I just super-charged and got a peak charge rate of 169 KW for 2 minutes and around 135 KW for 4 miinutes!! Never crossed 100KW on my 90D. So, saving 5 to 10 mins on charge times.

Thanks! One interesting thing I noticed from my new 100D MX is that the charging gets stuck at 97% and does not move further. (I waited for 1 hour!!). It says "charging complete" but SOC on the app and the instrument cluster days "97%" and does not move further. No current coming in per the charging indicator. I have 275 Miles at 97%. Is this normal? Never had this problem with previous Teslas.. I don't often charge to 100%. Did it one time to check the rated miles at 100% SOC.
Yes, that is a calibration issue. The BMS is not sure where the true low and high is. Could be based on how it was consistently charged before. Nothing to worry about. I'm at 276 at 100%.

Great thread here: How I Recovered Half of my Battery's Lost Capacity

I'd suggest setting your charging scheduled departure time. Why? Because then you sit at your starting SOC for some more random amount of times and snapshots can be taken for the auto-calibration BMS work. See above thread.

iTgEM1O.jpg

Above via. TeslaFI . COM - Sign Up

Yes, that is a calibration issue. The BMS is not sure where the true low and high is. Could be based on how it was consistently charged before. Nothing to worry about. I'm at 276 at 100%.

Great thread here: How I Recovered Half of my Battery's Lost Capacity

I'd suggest setting your charging scheduled departure time. Why? Because then you sit at your starting SOC for some more random amount of times and snapshots can be taken for the auto-calibration BMS work. See above thread.

iTgEM1O.jpg

Above via. TeslaFI . COM - Sign Up
Yeah, that is a great thread! I just recharged to 100% and now it seems to have completed! Shows 281 for me for 100%