Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Just bought my LONG RANGE Model Y made in Austin

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah I know it sounds crazy but I went into the Tesla showroom in Austin to talk about my model Y which is supposed to be delivered in December and the showroom guy there called up the list of cars available and it turned out that a demo Long range model Y with a serial number saying it was made in Austin was available. I was able to transfer my existing order and it's (lower than current) price tag to the new car, not to mention I also received a discount because it had a few demo miles on it.

I remarked that I thought only short range model Ys were being built in Austin to which they said a recent notice was sent out saying they are now starting on long range model Ys.

I pick it up in 2 days. Really looking forward to it.

Yeah I know it sounds crazy but I went into the Tesla showroom in Austin to talk about my model Y which is supposed to be delivered in December and the showroom guy there called up the list of cars available and it turned out that a demo Long range model Y with a serial number saying it was made in Austin was available. I was able to transfer my existing order and it's (lower than current) price tag to the new car, not to mention I also received a discount because it had a few demo miles on it.

I remarked that I thought only short range model Ys were being built in Austin to which they said a recent notice was sent out saying they are now starting on long range model Ys.

Lucky! The SA I spoke with in Plano said they didn’t have any demos and was a little rude about it. I don’t mind getting one from another part of the state.

1656396278494.png

I had a MYLR that was going to be delivered last week on the West coast from Fremont. I updated the delivery location to Dallas and the delivery slipped all the way to Nov-Jan...! I am super bummed and wondering if it has something to do with how they're filling orders from Austin...

Reactions: unk45
I had a MYLR that was going to be delivered last week on the West coast from Fremont. I updated the delivery location to Dallas and the delivery slipped all the way to Nov-Jan...! I am super bummed and wondering if it has something to do with how they're filling orders from Austin...
It wasn't a white 7-seater, black seats, no other options, by any chance, was it? I managed to pick one up from an advisor that appeared in "the system" Sunday morning. The FIL drove it home yesterday from Fremont.

Interesting that they just started building LR at Austin with first pick ups today and yet they already have an EOQ demo to sell. Must be a car used for internal testing around Austin. Hopefully build quality is good.