Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Just bought my LONG RANGE Model Y made in Austin

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That's not an MYLR, it's an SR.

Btw, just putting this out there so you're not dazzled by this 0-97% charging time...

technically its a Y-AWD, not an SR :D
<pedant mode>
The SR was the "Standard Range" Model Y and was sold as that. Tesla do not refer to the Austin Y with 4160 batteries and structural pack as the SR, they sell it as the Y-AWD.
</pedant mode>
Obviously we aren't Tesla so can call it what we want, but may cause confusion when comments are read out of context. :cool:

Moderately connected - I just pulled up my purchase agreement for my Model 3. It lists the "Long Range battery" as costing $9k.
The last price I saw for the AWD/SR/4160 was $64k after the price increase. That would put the mythical 4160 based LR at $73k :eek:

Reactions: Corndart
My 2170 Model 3 long range will charge from 0% to 100% in one hour.

General comment: Since there seems to be some confusion on cylindrical cell sizes, here is a cheat sheet.

Model S & X: 18650 (1865) means 18 mm diameter and 65 mm length

Model 3 & Y: 21700 (2170) means 21 mm diameter and 70 mm length

Model Y: 46800 (4680) means 46 mm diameter and 80 mm length
dang it - I put 4160, not 4680 - doh!
not even all the right numbers - pedant mode failure ;)

• Funny
Reactions: Big Earl

Attachments

• B7A175D7-1E4D-4388-A87B-58664DDFCBF9.jpeg
    B7A175D7-1E4D-4388-A87B-58664DDFCBF9.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 204
  • BAAEC219-FB11-474A-A26B-F3298A3DD944.jpeg
    BAAEC219-FB11-474A-A26B-F3298A3DD944.jpeg
    798.3 KB · Views: 124
  • 2B62372A-690B-4026-9855-E360B5A16BA1.jpeg
    2B62372A-690B-4026-9855-E360B5A16BA1.jpeg
    521.5 KB · Views: 159
Picking up my Model Y on Monday July 11. Long Range Austin Build Vin#. Ordered in March, Delivery schedule for Sept-Oct. Contacted multiple times to accept early delivery. One of the contacts was asking if I would accept a 4680 shorter range Austin Build. I passed. Next was asking for delivery before end of quarter. Now picking up a Long range Austin build 04488 last 4 of serial#

Picking up my Model Y on Monday July 11. Long Range Austin Build Vin#. Ordered in March, Delivery schedule for Sept-Oct. Contacted multiple times to accept early delivery. One of the contacts was asking if I would accept a 4680 shorter range Austin Build. I passed. Next was asking for delivery before end of quarter. Now picking up a Long range Austin build 04488 last 4 of serial#
Congrats. That is a very short turnaround for a March MYLR order.

Congrats. That is a very short turnaround for a March MYLR order.
Yes. The early delivery was not something I anticipated, nor did I want. I was a cash buyer, but I switched to finance because of a cash flow issue AND the earlier delivery date. Everytime they contacted me I said "no thanks i'll wait til Sept.". They persisted and I agreed eventually. I live very close to the Austin service center. A few miles. Two points I am curious about and that I will bring up at closing are Fit and Finish and delivery fee. If they did not have to move this vehicle from Fremont...(as I presumed at order) I think they should wave or credit the delivery fee. I am skeptical they will do this but it's worth asking. BTW I presume this fee business will wind up increasing the margin on this car. I also switched from White to Blue. Maybe that's what moved up the delivery? Price only increased to cover the paint color change.

Here is my build data
Model Y LR 19" wheels
Blue/Black
Tow hitch
No FSD

Reactions: KJD
Yes. The early delivery was not something I anticipated, nor did I want. I was a cash buyer, but I switched to finance because of a cash flow issue AND the earlier delivery date. Everytime they contacted me I said "no thanks i'll wait til Sept.". They persisted and I agreed eventually. I live very close to the Austin service center. A few miles. Two points I am curious about and that I will bring up at closing are Fit and Finish and delivery fee. If they did not have to move this vehicle from Fremont...(as I presumed at order) I think they should wave or credit the delivery fee. I am skeptical they will do this but it's worth asking. BTW I presume this fee business will wind up increasing the margin on this car. I also switched from White to Blue. Maybe that's what moved up the delivery? Price only increased to cover the paint color change.

Here is my build data
Model Y LR 19" wheels
Blue/Black
Tow hitch
No FSD
Every car is charged a destination fee, even if you pick up from the Fremont factory. Your car was shipped from the factory to the delivery/service center. You will be charged destination fee.

Last edited:
Reactions: Yelobird

Here is my build data
Model Y LR 19" wheels
Blue/Black
Tow hitch
No FSD
Yeah destination fees are non-negotiable. As @Mrbrock said, even if you pick up at Fremont you get charged the destination fee. It’s a flat rate, if you pick up in NY or Fremont it’s the same cost.

Here is my build data
Model Y LR 19" wheels
Blue/Black
Tow hitch
No FSD
I'm just down the road from you and was hoping to get an Austin LR, but I've got white seats in our build so keep looking at the drone flights for any white seats on the shipping lot.
Really wanted white seats in my Model 3, so definitely waiting it out to get them this time :)

Reactions: MacO512
No cargo hooks or netting. I did get the upper level cargo cover feature.
BTW, Super happy with the quality. The car was perfect. I was a machinist for 30 years....I can see dimensional errors in the thousands' of inches when viewed at 6 feet. Frankly, I was surprised. After all the fud I've read.... None of it is true. The car is VERY quiet. No squeaks or rattles. Mechanically smooth operation at every area of the car.

BTW, Super happy with the quality. The car was perfect. I was a machinist for 30 years....I can see dimensional errors in the thousands' of inches when viewed at 6 feet. Frankly, I was surprised. After all the fud I've read.... None of it is true. The car is VERY quiet. No squeaks or rattles. Mechanically smooth operation at every area of the car.
Do you know if the front casted or similar to Fremont builds? How is the ride?

My Texas Model Y LR will be delivered next week. VIN 005550! I just ordered it in June after getting my Model 3 in May. So far, buy offers are about 10k over what I paid for the 3, making the Y an even swap!
How are you guys getting such quick turn around?!? I've had my order in since Oct 28...

How are you guys getting such quick turn around?!? I've had my order in since Oct 28...
The only reason I can think of is Tesla is filling local Texas deliveries as production ramps up. In Austin, they could just drive them to the delivery center in they wanted, and Dallas or Houston is only a few hours away. Load them on a truck and 3 hours later they are there.