Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Just bought my LONG RANGE Model Y made in Austin

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can you confirm the center armrest no longer has a latch and instead uses magnets?

I keep a thread going on MY changes over time and I've they MIA MYs have cargo covers (you verified that) and magnetic arm rest covers
Someone did a video on the cargo covers and they’re just ok. They’re not the retractable awning-type but more of a folding lid. Matches the interior but overall seemed very cheaply made. I went with a $70 Amazon retractable one and it was surprisingly pretty good.

IMO these should have come with the car to begin with, but one can say the same about a mobile charger etc.

Someone did a video on the cargo covers and they’re just ok. They’re not the retractable awning-type but more of a folding lid. Matches the interior but overall seemed very cheaply made. I went with a $70 Amazon retractable one and it was surprisingly pretty good.

IMO these should have come with the car to begin with, but one can say the same about a mobile charger etc.
It looks like the same cover offered for the Model S. Good advice, the retractable ones look nice. My Model S cover always collected dust in the garage. Had it retracted I would have used it much more.

No, we have Service Centers but we must purchase in CA to get around state law lobbied by NADA. So, paying in advance is a bit scary but it worked out perfectly for us. Fremont shipped it the day after I sent a wire transfer for the full amount. And I suppose we could have refused to accept and waited for a replacement. But we think it is perfect. We are relieved to have the 7 1/2 month wait over with, and excited we beat $5k in price hikes.

Reactions: JimInAllen
Well they don't have dealerships, they do have showrooms. And they have service departments. When you purchase a new car you must do it over the web. But then you can pick it up at one of the showrooms or service departments.

I picked up mine today. Turns out it spent some time down at spacex. Interesting. It also had with it a nice rear privacy cover. Not to mention it came with the 110 charging kit. I suspect that was because it was in the car to begin with.

I had a MYLR that was going to be delivered last week on the West coast from Fremont. I updated the delivery location to Dallas and the delivery slipped all the way to Nov-Jan...! I am super bummed and wondering if it has something to do with how they're filling orders from Austin...
how do you update where the delivery comes from? or are you saying pick up location?