Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Just bought my LONG RANGE Model Y made in Austin

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Sounds like already happened in China, not sure about in USA
Could it be that the car @Richb3219 got was from Shanghai? Maybe he could confirm

Confirmed with my SA that the privacy cover will indeed be offered as an installable option from the Tesla app via mobile service appointment. He said it could show up as early as this month!
As in they’re free or something you can purchase? I took delivery of my MYP on 6/17 but I’m skeptical they’ll give me one. Made in CA

Confirmed with my SA that the privacy cover will indeed be offered as an installable option from the Tesla app via mobile service appointment. He said it could show up as early as this month!
”confirmed with my SA” doesn’t mean squat. They give you the answer you want to hear. And installable option from the app? You can request anything installed via mobile service. Like you broke a screw installimg mud flaps, you can request a replacement to be installed if you know the part number. I believe they will only install accessories that need panels removed (tow hitch, garage door opener, etc). This would be something youd drop in to place. And would be delivered by fedex.

Reactions: Jayohee
The privacy cover works nicely. Audio sounds good. Navigation history shows multiple trips to SpaceX.

Also, the car came with the mobile charger, which was a nice surprise. I suspect the Tesla employee who went to SpaceX packed the charger "just in case."

Car is off getting an XPEL Stealth PPF wrap now.

Yes, that is my understanding.
No, model 3s will stay at Fremont. Austin is CT, Semi and MY. Unless they decide to scrap CT production, they won’t be able to do M3 there, which was never in the plan. MY outsells M3 and current M3 production is keeping better pace with orders. And once Austin is at full MY production, Fremont can make more M3 and less MY.

And the charger wasn’t packed just in case, it was likely included since it was produced before the cutoff. Tesla owned test vehicles have been around since Q1 2022. Cutoff was sometime in April I believe.

What does the build plate on the driver door frame say as far as MO/YR produced? 04/22?

Reactions: chippwalters
That is not 100% true about LR. There are reports of it being the new cell.
Where? Please show me these verified reports of 4680 LR MY from Austin. It would be major news because LR 4680 will not be 330 miles or would be much heavier and have slower acceleration times. There are also not enough cells to meet the demand so it would be pointless to introduce a LR alongside the already new SR. They would have done LR 4680 from the start if they could. If the range was different, there would also be new EPA docs for a new MY variant.

At this time, any reports of 4680 LR from Austin are just hype or hopeful buyers relaying third hand reports that they know are false but want to believe in hopes they get the car no one else can get (because it’s not being made).

Please stop perpetuating this. You are part of the problem. You should provide proof when you post something like this.