Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Just bought new Model S Performance - What do I need?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
PS watching Netflix in my Tesla. Outstanding!
I wasn't sure I would use Netflix but after having a loaner Tesla for 2 weeks I have to say that I do enjoy having Netflix available while I wait for my wife after work so i will definitely miss it once we get our S back from the body bodyshop. I guess it's time to upgrade to a new S.

PS watching Netflix in my Tesla. Outstanding!
Glad you got it ok, I’m now 600 miles in after four days, every time I drive it, I love it more and more. Just can’t wait for some good weather so I can try launch control. One annoying thing on mine is the heated steering wheel broke on the third day, and my software is months old, and it has any updated, so no Netflix for me

Reactions: madcal
Glad you got it ok, I’m now 600 miles in after four days, every time I drive it, I love it more and more. Just can’t wait for some good weather so I can try launch control. One annoying thing on mine is the heated steering wheel broke on the third day, and my software is months old, and it has any updated, so no Netflix for me
Make sure everyone's head is against the seat before you launch that thing. :)

My drivers seat leather has now pinched up and has a massive crease through it, I think it was not stitched properly. It is booked for service on 15 January...

Apart from that went out today and tested the performance a little. What a lot of fun, even in the rain. I would honestly say better than my RS6 Performance which I just sold.

Despite the niggles and crappy collection process I have no regrets and love the thing!

33F13413-6D2F-46B3-A55F-E1DE88A1841E.jpeg
F8257E68-0B03-4038-B659-61DCDF9B872F.jpeg

I think someone asked for pictures.

Here it is after a machine polish and gtechniq protection on top of a full body PPF.

Plus a rear windows tint.

I think looks very nice!

And now when it gets dirty I just aim a water hose at it and all the dirt falls off ;-)

Thanks!

not cheap is your answer.

£3,800 plus VAT for PPF
£200 plus VAT for tints
£750 for machine polish and Gtechniq ceramic including wheels and callipers

I got it done locally by a great young chap, you can see the company name in the photo, if I had used the big place in London they wanted 2x that amount.

given it is solid black I think it was necessary, otherwise you see every swirl and scratch.

Budget for tires every year if you use it. Tesla needs a tire subscription option. :)
I'd start saving $100 or so per month just for tires, and adjust for your annual mileage (for me, it's closer to $125-$150 monhtly).

Assuming my Michelins go the full 30K warranty mileage, that's a new set every 15 months.
After 13K mine are still looking good - they were most likely brand new when I got the car 7 months ago in April.
Most of my driving is a daily 100-mile round-trip commute without a lot of chances for "spirited" driving due to the traffic, so I'm hoping for at least 30K out of a set.

Change $ to £ - I just saw OP was in the UK.

My RS6 ate a set every 15k miles at £1,700 a set. I imagine the Tesla will be similar.

However the RS6 also needed a £1,000 service each year and new discs & pads after 2 years which cost £3,000.

It also consumed £100 of fuel every 300 miles.

So I think the Tesla running costs will be 90% lower even without my free supercharging!

Honestly I feel silly for not having switched a year ago!