Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Just cancelled my battery install

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For our install we also had an issue with them getting 2 of the 40A breakers for the SquareD distribution panel they put in and they had to come back when they were available. We even searched locally online and everyone like HomeDepot and electrical stores in our area were out of stock then. We had found it surprising but true. If they had spec’d Eaton load centers instead of SquareD they could have just used all the same ones we had in our newly installed (3rd party electrician) MPU.

Another thing to remember for people antsy about when their PWs can be installed, there are more third party solar installers trying to get Tesla certified status to buy and install their PWs. Someone posted that one of their local 3rd installers had been trying for a while and were turned down because there just wasn’t enough supply right now to add any new companies to the list. If you haven’t noticed companies want to advertise they have PowerWalls to attract business. I don’t see companies advertising Generac or other companies’ battery storage units. I would think twice about cancelling any order for PWs right now and losing your place in line for install.

There’s nothing like seeing your house running off solar during the day, filling your battery and running off the stored battery power at night. Haven’t had a power outage yet but know we’ll appreciate it even more then.

I was doing a stand alone install, so I was always low on the priority. Little did I know I got an opening and never got in due to the lack of communication. I waited so long I stopped checking the portal too. Luckily it was only $99.

I am not that worried about it, we rarely have outages here. Now I can spend 10k on other dumb toys

My son has a residential A/C company and he stopped by during my installation last week and his first question was,"Hey, where are you guys getting those Square D 40 amp breakers". The reply was they are constantly out of stock and delaying installs.

Part of Tesla's strategy is to go with a single supplier so they can drive the price down which makes them more competitive. The installers just tossed all of the Cutler Hammer breakers that were in my original panel.