TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Just checked FSD price from my M3, $5K now!

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by No42, Jun 30, 2018.

1. No42

No42 Member

I think they promised to honor/keep $4K for existing customers, but apparently it is $5K now :(
    It was 4K when I was ordering the car.

upload_2018-6-30_1-8-6.png

2. Derek Kessler

Derek Kessler Member

There was no such promise.

• Like x 3
  3. Kuhz

Kuhz Member

I’m sure they’ll gladly enable it for 4K if you bought your car when it was that price. However that does not make it a promise.

4. boaterva

boaterva Supporting Member

There was much discussion that the after sales price could change and it had for other after sales options. That was one reason I got it on the car and in the loan.

As Derek said, it was never said to be the price for the life of the car. We don’t know if this is pressure to buy now because ‘the deal may change further’ lol or if something is really coming out for FSD so it’s a good idea to do it now.

5. T34ME

T34ME Active Member

Can you please show us where Tesla 'promised' the upgrade would be $4000 forever? There were a couple of threads last year where many posters suggested that making the assumption that $4000 upgrade cost was forever was ill advised.

I am assuming the base model 3 will be $35K and PUP $5K and EAP $5K next year, but I realize that Tesla is not promising reservationists that price forever. I assumed Pearl White would be a $1K upgrade forever, but Tesla did not promise me that and I can only blame myself for not ordering sooner since it has now gone up to $1500.

6. azred

azred Active Member

#6 azred, Jun 30, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2018
    Chill for six months. This cash grab will pass when financials look better -- and maybe the software will be worth buying. BTW my account shows $10,000 as price of EAP plus FSD for S but $11,000 for my 3. Nuts, huh? Give Tesla time. It's not like either of us wanted the software badly, or we would have paid for it.

• Like x 1
  7. drawfour

drawfour Member

If it's not in the purchase agreement, it's subject to change at a moment's notice.

• Like x 2