Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Just checked FSD price from my M3, $5K now!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

No42

Jun 25, 2018
WA
I think they promised to honor/keep $4K for existing customers, but apparently it is $5K now :(
It was 4K when I was ordering the car.

upload_2018-6-30_1-8-6.png

There was much discussion that the after sales price could change and it had for other after sales options. That was one reason I got it on the car and in the loan.

As Derek said, it was never said to be the price for the life of the car. We don’t know if this is pressure to buy now because ‘the deal may change further’ lol or if something is really coming out for FSD so it’s a good idea to do it now.

I think they promised to honor/keep $4K for existing customers,
Can you please show us where Tesla 'promised' the upgrade would be $4000 forever? There were a couple of threads last year where many posters suggested that making the assumption that $4000 upgrade cost was forever was ill advised.

I am assuming the base model 3 will be $35K and PUP $5K and EAP $5K next year, but I realize that Tesla is not promising reservationists that price forever. I assumed Pearl White would be a $1K upgrade forever, but Tesla did not promise me that and I can only blame myself for not ordering sooner since it has now gone up to $1500.

I think they promised to honor/keep $4K for existing customers, but apparently it is $5K now :(
It was 4K when I was ordering the car.

View attachment 313462
Chill for six months. This cash grab will pass when financials look better -- and maybe the software will be worth buying. BTW my account shows $10,000 as price of EAP plus FSD for S but $11,000 for my 3. Nuts, huh? Give Tesla time. It's not like either of us wanted the software badly, or we would have paid for it.

Last edited:
Reactions: insaneoctane