Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Just come across the phantom braking issue, considering canceling my order

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It can’t do it with USS. I’m not sure the 2022 March build has had them disabled yet.
My Feb 2022 MSLR has functioning USS. However, to me, all the beeping and squiggly lines are not usefull. My car has a heart attack every time I back into the garage. It gets parked 2 to 4 inches from the wall .... it yells at me every time. But like other constant nagging, I listen with mindful patience.

• Funny
Reactions: Undecided_2
I struggle with the corrective steering alert. I’ve never felt any force through the steering wheel.

I really wish they release a “turn off nagging alerts or switch on 1990s mode”.

It’s why I ride my motorcycle instead of the MY most days. No stupid alerts.

I hope not all Teslas. It's probably been mentioned here but the Mobileye version doesn't have that problem.

The other day I was at a Tesla service center picking up a new 12v battery. While I was waiting there was another guy there who took in his car to be looked at because of the phantom braking problem. There was a freight truck behind him and out of nowhere the car hit the brakes so hard that the freight truck had to drive off the road to avoid flattening him. The rep gave him some kind of canned answer they have for this problem. The customer was a lot calmer about it than I would have been.
Beg to differ about the Mobileye system (aka MP1). I agree that it does not happen often (less often than my impression of the later versions of AP), but it does happen sometimes, and just as inexplicably. I had a rather startling instance of it just a couple of weeks ago. But it is sufficiently infrequent that I use AutoPilot more or less whenever I am on a freeway and sometime son other multi-lane roads.

My Feb 2022 MSLR has functioning USS. However, to me, all the beeping and squiggly lines are not usefull. My car has a heart attack every time I back into the garage. It gets parked 2 to 4 inches from the wall .... it yells at me every time. But like other constant nagging, I listen with mindful patience.
Im ALWAYS surrounded with huge semi-trucks in my garage :rolleyes:;):D

• Funny
Reactions: zoomer0056