Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Just completed three rEVolutions of the Earth in our Model S...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

AEdennis

Jul 23, 2013
Congrats, Dennis!

We put 57k on my Roadster before we sold it. There are 82k on my wife's Model S (we have never put that many miles on one car before). I've done about 8k so far on my Model S. So that's 147k Tesla miles (a trip next week should put us over 150k), plus about 40k miles on other EVs. We should both be watching for when we hit the 200k mile mark.

I was mentioning some of these numbers at an auto show on Sunday. Gas drivers are dumbfounded; they still think EVs are new and can't go very far; and surely if you try to live with only EVs you will hit some sort of trouble and regret it. At least they don't argue with me, like many used to, saying it's impossible. They get it quickly, and start talking about how their next car will be electric.

It is agonizingly slow, but things are changing.

Congrats, Dennis!

We put 57k on my Roadster before we sold it. There are 82k on my wife's Model S (we have never put that many miles on one car before). I've done about 8k so far on my Model S. So that's 147k Tesla miles (a trip next week should put us over 150k), plus about 40k miles on other EVs. We should both be watching for when we hit the 200k mile mark.

I was mentioning some of these numbers at an auto show on Sunday. Gas drivers are dumbfounded; they still think EVs are new and can't go very far; and surely if you try to live with only EVs you will hit some sort of trouble and regret it. At least they don't argue with me, like many used to, saying it's impossible. They get it quickly, and start talking about how their next car will be electric.

It is agonizingly slow, but things are changing.

Thanks @ChadS. Actually, I realized my total other EV is closer to 130k milestone, of which 54,321 were on my old BMW ActiveE that I drove in a two year lease.

Reactions: ChadS
Great, so you need to be watching for the 250k milestone.

About 5 years ago Plug In America gave an award to a RAV4-EV driver that had put 200k miles on a single car. I know he kept driving the car for a while afterwards, though eventually bought a "modern" BEV. I wonder if he hit 250k on that one car, and what his overall total is now.

And of course there are cars like the Tesloop car that hit 200k, but that's not the same thing.

Great, so you need to be watching for the 250k milestone.

About 5 years ago Plug In America gave an award to a RAV4-EV driver that had put 200k miles on a single car. I know he kept driving the car for a while afterwards, though eventually bought a "modern" BEV. I wonder if he hit 250k on that one car, and what his overall total is now.

And of course there are cars like the Tesloop car that hit 200k, but that's not the same thing.

Yup and there's Ulrich H (don't know if he has a TMC handle) with all the 100s of KMs on his Roadster in Germany