Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Just discovered the "Introductions" thread...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Greetings everyone,

I didn't realize there was a place for introductions on this forum, so, even though I have been posting for awhile now, it's about time that I officially say "hi". I'm the lead technical artist at a small video game studio located in El Segundo, CA...meaning I'm technically an artist, but now spend more time scripting / coding than creating. Gamers will better know my work during my time with my previous employer, Naughty Dog...I spent nearly 13 years as an artist there and worked on games that helped drive sales of Sony's PlayStation, PS2, and PS3.

I took delivery of my Model X 90D in September of 2016, a process that, in some ways, began with the reservation I placed on it over two years earlier, but really kicked off when I first saw what Tesla's Roadster was capable of many years earlier.

That said, I did not officially state my Tesla-intent until 2010, when my wife and I put solar panels on the roof of our home. When we had our initial consultation with SolarCity, I requested that they oversize our system in case we decided to buy a Tesla...at which time our solar consultant informed me of Elon Musk's connection with the company. That consultation led to my attending a Tesla rally within the same year. I knew I would one day get one, but needed to wait until Tesla made a product that better fit our immediate needs. I already drove a two-seat sports car and had no plans of ever selling her.

Though never a fan of owning a gas-guzzling SUV (I used to mock those who drove them), I discovered how useful they were during a snowboarding trip in 2003. Since I had a season pass to Mammoth (one which I planned to renew for many years to come), I decided to buy Honda's first generation Pilot shortly after that trip. I cannot deny that the "U" in SUV is especially great to offset the lack of utility in a two-seater, but it always bugged me that I used my SUV as a daily driver. I obviously got very excited when Elon Musk suggested they would follow up Model S with an SUV...especially if it followed the trajectory implied by his initial plan and be offered at a similar price point at comparable ranges to Model S.

Well, rather than go into any more details here...you can click through the photos of my "Our Road to EV" gallery on a recently added section to my personal photo site. Enjoy.

Last edited: