Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Just dropped off my month-old 100D for a surprisingly open-ended service appointment

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
With all cars, getting a perfect one or one that quickly developes issues is a roll of the dice. If you read most forums, they are full of individuals that have "gotten a lemon" while most of the customers are quietly content.

I made this same point on a Macbook forum. New readers come in and see people posting about T2 issues, tiny scratches, etc and think they all must be defective. Yet there is a silent majority that just use devices without issues day in and day out.

Today I placed an order for Model 3 Performance.

Oh wow! I just read this thread to see your story, and I wouldn't have blamed you for never coming back. Kudos to you, though, for giving them another shot! I think (and desperately hope) you will have a much better experience with this one! I had a May 2017 build X (totaled out, hit by DUI driver) and it had a couple recurring gremlins with the passenger door sensor over its 18 month stint with me but fortunately I probably only ever had three or four days in SC over those 18 months.

My model 3 Performance, though, has been (nearly) flawless! There was an issue with the turn signal stalk that was just an annoyance at worst, but someone came to my house and replaced it in about 45 minutes time. Since then not a single issue and the car has been an absolute joy to drive. Looking forward to hearing your positive experiences with this one.

Picked up my 3 today. I am going to hang off on the positive thread - for a bit.

The car is beautiful. No gaps, no poor moulding, etc. (that I know of).

BUT - both front doors appear misaligned. They don't latch unless they are shut HARD. Additionally, the steering wheel is misaligned. If you line it up straight, the car turns left.

First service appointment the week after next. Will withhold judgment until the kinks are worked out.

Last edited:
Picked up my 3 today. I am going to hang off on the positive thread - for a bit.

The car is beautiful. No gaps, no poor moulding, etc. (that I know).

BUT - both front doors appear misaligned. They don't latch unless they are shut HARD. Additionally, the steering wheel is misaligned. If you line it up straight, the car turns left.

First service appointment the week after next. Will withhold judgment until the kinks are worked out.

I've read the hard to close doors fix themselves with operating cycles as the seals break in.

Reactions: pdx3181 and MP3Mike