Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Just drove a loaner 2015 P85D (L?) today ..... OMG.........

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
  • Funny
Reactions: tyler2323
The 2016.5 P90DL pulls 1600 amps and mine would run 2.8 0-60mph and 2.6 with 1 fr roll out. Faster than most P100DL's. All recorded. In fact it was the fastest recorded P90DL in the world since dragy device covers and compares times from all over the world. So 75 amps ain't making mine .4 seconds faster than one pulling 1525 amps

Last edited:
  • Disagree
Reactions: Bill Price
Check the date on your information Tesla dropped the amps that's why there aren't any P85DL's on the dragy history with any substantial gains over a P85D FACTS
View attachment 486314
Lets see it. I have video of 1.22 0-30mph and 3.25 0-60 mph not 1 ft roll out. Look at the numbers above the 0-30 mph both were worse and still broke 3 seconds 0-60mph

Let's see it? I and other have documented it multiple times. You really are an "alternate facts" kind of guy.

• Disagree
Reactions: tyler2323
The 2016.5 P90DL pulls 1600 amps and mine would run 2.8 0-60mph and 2.6 with 1 fr roll out. Faster than most P100DL's. All recorded. In fact it was the fastest recorded P90DL in the world since dragy device comes times from all over the world. So 75 amps ain't making mine .4 seconds faster than one pulling 1525 amps

This is all true, the V3 90 Ludicrous battery was a large jump over the previous 1525 amp V2 battery.

You're assertion that the P85DL doesn't do 0-60 in 2.85 because you don't see it on draggy is only and indicator of the rarity of that model. My car will be a P90DL next week because it now needs a new battery and they don't have an 85 battery to replace it with.

This is all true, the V3 90 Ludicrous battery was a large jump over the previous 1525 amp V2 battery.

You're assertion that the P85DL doesn't do 0-60 in 2.85 because you don't see it on draggy is only and indicator of the rarity of that model. My car will be a P90DL next week because it now needs a new battery and they don't have an 85 battery to replace it with.

Any suggestions on geting my P85D to produce a "battery needs service" message so I can upgrade to 90kW battery pack ???

Any suggestions on geting my P85D to produce a "battery needs service" message so I can upgrade to 90kW battery pack ???

Won't mean anything if it's not a version 3 and their are only 2 version 3's really one that will produce those times. U want to now what battery #?

Lets see it. I have video of 1.22 0-30mph and 3.25 0-60 mph not 1 ft roll out. Look at the numbers above the 0-30 mph both were worse and still broke 3 seconds 0-60mph

5 minutes ago. 1525 amps. Look for my vbox posts with my 2.85 0-60 from right after I got the Ludicrous upgrade.

i-ZVPPPMJ-X4.jpg

Oh really. How dumb do you look now?

Looks like you have absolutely no proof of any of the times you claimed! What did you run over to your friends house so you could borrow his P90DL lol. Cause that means absolutely nothing about the facts you stated. I showed videos etc and yet you can't provide anything legit to back your claims. Wheres your proof that of your P85DL does 2.8 0-60mph times. Cause if it's doing 0-60 in 2.8 than it doing 2.6 with a 1 ft rollout? You know why Tesla doesn't sale ludicrous used P85D's hardly ever? Cause they were sued over it Norway and had to pay back the cost of ludicrous for lying about the times.
So clearly once again you're full of BS again and dragy has several P85DL's buddy just to proof again I will show you pictures of all the highest 0-60mph times in the world comparing P85D's with P85DL's and P90DL's cause they are about the same from 2015-2016.
And i will post a link to the article in Norway.
Sound good?
Now lets see that 2.8 you have down from 3.15 0-60mph

• Disagree
Reactions: sorka
Looks like you have absolutely no proof of any of the times you claimed! What did you run over to your friends house so you could borrow his P90DL lol. Cause that means absolutely nothing about the facts you stated. I showed videos etc and yet you can't provide anything legit to back your claims. Wheres your proof that of your P85DL does 2.8 0-60mph times. Cause if it's doing 0-60 in 2.8 than it doing 2.6 with a 1 ft rollout? You know why Tesla doesn't sale ludicrous used P85D's hardly ever? Cause they were sued over it Norway and had to pay back the cost of ludicrous for lying about the times.
So clearly once again you're full of BS again and dragy has several P85DL's buddy just to proof again I will show you pictures of all the highest 0-60mph times in the world comparing P85D's with P85DL's and P90DL's cause they are about the same from 2015-2016.
And i will post a link to the article in Norway.
Sound good?
Now lets see that 2.8 you have down from 3.15 0-60mph

You said the P85DL doesn't put out 1500 amps. I proved you wrong...except that now you're saying I'm making it up. I don't need to prove you wrong. You made a claim so idiotic there's no point in me posting any PROOF because you'll just say that I made it up or used someone else's chart. Simply look back on my posts from late 2015 and you'll see my posts, charts, and discussion on the P85DL's performance as well as from other members. There are long threads hundreds of messages long on JUST the P85DL's before and after L numbers.

Additionally, the suit in Norway was over Tesla not disclosing they used the 1 ft rollout in their 0-60 spec which is standard here in the US and is NOT standard in Europe.

The P85DL does output over 1500 amps, makes about 60 hp more than the 1350 amp Insane version, and is at least 0.25 seconds faster to 60. All your whining and alternate facts won't change that. Now if you want to say that it isn't substantial or meaningful, you'd could argue that since it's subjective. But the facts are the facts.

Last edited:
Welcome back under another name.

I agree any improvement on 0-60 isn’t evident on Dragy but it is definitely evident on 1/4 mile and passing power and even 1/8 mile.

The higher peak Ludi power, and the Ludi ability to sustain and have a slower taper of the peak power, shows its best benefits at higher speeds.

Sorry but your statement above is inaccurate.

The P85D Ludicrous upgrade included these changes and parts:
  1. Added electronics with a tiny lithium battery and a pyro-actuated fuse to cut power under an overload condition with extreme precision
  2. Two new contactors using Inconel to increase the pack output to 1500 amps from the prior maximum level of 1300 amps
  3. Higher current high-voltage wiring
  4. Updated software to change Insane mode to Ludicrous mode
Ludicrous Mode Performance Improvements over a P85D
  • 0-60 mph improvement of 0.2 seconds (to 2.9 seconds)
  • Quarter mile improvement of 0.2 seconds
  • Estimated 10% increase in power
  • 0-155 mph time reduced by 20% (original notice, now unconfirmed)
The $5,000 Ludicrous upgrade to my P85D was well worth the significant performance upgrade... and the additional "smiles per mile". :D

Ludicrous Retrofit | TeslaTap

Tesla Reduces Price Of Model S P85D Ludicrous Upgrade

Tesla's New 'Ludicrous Mode' Makes the Model S a Supercar
This is exactly what Elon had claimed when ludicrous was introduced to the P85DL also claiming is was capable of 10.9 seconds in the 1/4 mile
So according to Tesla who has always been honest sorka your P85DL should be capable of 10.9 seconds in the 1/4 mile. Not one Tesla Model S can break 11 seconds in the 1/4 mile besides the P100DL. Not even a V3 2016.5 P90DL at 1600 amps is capable of this. Nor is any P85DL or P90DL from 2015-2016 are capable of 0-60mph in 2.8 or 2.9 seconds, yet Tesla claims on their used inventory that not only is the 2015-2016 P90DL capable of 2.6 seconds 0-60mph but has a range of 270 miles, another blatant lie.
Instead they somehow get the exact same range as a 2015 P85D 253. Which would make anyone with a brain wonder why that is? However the P90DL does use 1500 amps and is slightly faster but nowhere near as fast as the true P90DL which only pulls an extra 100 amps or 75 according to you yet has 20 miles more range and .4 seconds faster 0-60 mph plus has 75-100 more hp.
I would be mad to and upset if I owned a 2015-2016 P90DL or P85DL and they blatantly lied about the performance for years and even the range. I probably would be so upset that I would just ignore the facts and continue to say it’s accurate lol
F076B8E7-6D8F-443A-AD6A-ED185572E3FC.jpeg

So you think when you happen to get a 90 battery that won't be a V2 or V3 battery that you are going to see some dramatic improvement? Cause you won't
IMG_6169.JPG

It's funny cause the Model X P90DL that was actually able to achieve the performance that Tesla claimed was a V# battery # 1088790-00-A battery. The best V3 battery that P90DL's got that produced 520kw was battery 1088792-00-A cause I had both actually.

And Tesla never had issues with the P85D not reaching the levels of performance they had claimed only the P85DL which I posted the article where they refunded the cost of adding ludicrous.
Tesla settles Norway lawsuit over car's performance

So please show me all the factual stats you have of your P85DL doing 2.8 seconds like you claimed.

Last edited:

I wouldn't assume if it says battery needs service that it means you will have it replaced. My P90DL never said anything and was still getting 268 miles of range at full charge. I was able to get it replaced cause it was only putting out 450kw and I already knew all about the issues with the P90DL's and that I had a V3 so I told them they needed to give me another V3 battery as I would not accept an old 90 battery or a used V3 battery cause my range was still amazing. So I said either fix mine so it gets 500kw or replace it with a brand new V# battery. I almost got 100 battery cause they weren't able to find any at first and told me I was getting a 100 battery and I asked if I could pay $10k to make it a P100DL cause I knew they would limit it to a 90 battery. Unfortunately I didn't luck out with the 100 but get get the best battery, which was the last of the V3 batteries made 1088792-00-A. It started with 525kw the first time I charged to full and tested it. By the time I sold it, it was down around 490-495kw from using max poer a lot.
If anyone is looking to buy a facelift P90DL if you buy one with a manufacture date from August on you will get 1 of the 2 V3 batteries. Obviously the closer to december the better chance you will get the second one. Most all the 2016.5 will be past August as their leases are all coming up. I saw one I glanced at with an October which probably has the 2nd V3 battery in the low 60's I think

There is one way to try that will work with 90 batteries with ludicrous but the P85D battery is actual one of the best batteries to own as they hardly degrade. But if you use ludicrous and max power all the time you will damage it over time and rear drive unit as well.
Not sure it would really be worth it tho unless you got lucky enough to get a V3 90 battery

I wouldn't assume if it says battery needs service that it means you will have it replaced. My P90DL never said anything and was still getting 268 miles of range at full charge. I was able to get it replaced cause it was only putting out 450kw and I already knew all about the issues with the P90DL's and that I had a V3 so I told them they needed to give me another V3 battery as I would not accept an old 90 battery or a used V3 battery cause my range was still amazing. So I said either fix mine so it gets 500kw or replace it with a brand new V# battery. I almost got 100 battery cause they weren't able to find any at first and told me I was getting a 100 battery and I asked if I could pay $10k to make it a P100DL cause I knew they would limit it to a 90 battery. Unfortunately I didn't luck out with the 100 but get get the best battery, which was the last of the V3 batteries made 1088792-00-A. It started with 525kw the first time I charged to full and tested it. By the time I sold it, it was down around 490-495kw from using max poer a lot.
If anyone is looking to buy a facelift P90DL if you buy one with a manufacture date from August on you will get 1 of the 2 V3 batteries. Obviously the closer to december the better chance you will get the second one. Most all the 2016.5 will be past August as their leases are all coming up. I saw one I glanced at with an October which probably has the 2nd V3 battery in the low 60's I think

There is one way to try that will work with 90 batteries with ludicrous but the P85D battery is actual one of the best batteries to own as they hardly degrade. But if you use ludicrous and max power all the time you will damage it over time and rear drive unit as well.
Not sure it would really be worth it tho unless you got lucky enough to get a V3 90 battery

Great insight. Thanks!