Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Just edited order no edd change?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Beyond all better judgement I edited myp order to include tow package. I know you can order for $1.3k after delivery but I’m picking up on east coast and driving to Los Angeles while picking up a new trailer. Anyways, it made me sick knowing I could get kicked out of line. My June-July edd hasn’t changed over the last few hours. Has anyone had their date pushed back of editing order and how long was it until your edd changed? Thanks.

I was considering editing my MY LR that is on order with an EDD between Nov 3 - Dec 15 to see if I can make a change that would get me delayed until after Jan 1, 2023 to take advantage of the $7500 tax credit. I currently have on order Black, regular 19" wheels, black interior for 5, no FSD, and the tow package.

Any ideas on what I may could change to extend the EDD?

Sounds like you have to make the change wait a few days and see what effect it has, based on comments in this post. If I do that and there is no change or worse it makes the EDD sooner if I change it back to how it was before will I get my same EDD back. I have never changed a Tesla order before so do not want to screw anything up. Thanks!

I was considering editing my MY LR that is on order with an EDD between Nov 3 - Dec 15 to see if I can make a change that would get me delayed until after Jan 1, 2023 to take advantage of the $7500 tax credit. I currently have on order Black, regular 19" wheels, black interior for 5, no FSD, and the tow package.

Any ideas on what I may could change to extend the EDD?

Sounds like you have to make the change wait a few days and see what effect it has, based on comments in this post. If I do that and there is no change or worse it makes the EDD sooner if I change it back to how it was before will I get my same EDD back. I have never changed a Tesla order before so do not want to screw anything up. Thanks!
The way to extend would be to change your color to either White or Midnight Silver. That would make your order a "no option" order which typically has a 3-4 month longer wait time. When was your order date?
I went the other way and change my order from no options to a Blue color option and my EDD improved by ~4months.

Interesting. I may try changing colors to see what happens. I assume you make the change and have to wait a few days to see the effect? Maybe I should wait until the time is a little closer before I try it. Has anyone had any issues changing their order back to what you really want?

Interesting. I may try changing colors to see what happens. I assume you make the change and have to wait a few days to see the effect? Maybe I should wait until the time is a little closer before I try it. Has anyone had any issues changing their order back to what you really want?
When I changed colors to make my order an optioned order instead of a no option order it immediately changed my date to the default as if I'd just placed a new order but then within 24hrs gave me a new date range that was in line with what I was expecting for a March order with an option on it. Since then it has improved by almost 2 months but that took awhile.

Most people report a new EDD after 1-5 days.

I've read reports from a number of members on here that have switched back and forth and all over the place without any issue. Including people switching LR to P and back to LR. Switching seems pretty safe unless Tesla changes the system at some point.

Reactions: Tcmccormick