Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Just finished my chrome delete and window tint!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I decided to pick up some vinyl wrapping skills via YouTube and wrap all of my chrome. It took me about 25 hours and approximately $100 in vinyl, but I absolutely love the look. 35% ceramic tint was done locally in northern Virginia. I totally support anyone in their effort to do the vinyl themselves as long as they are willing to learn a few specific techniques and take their time. I have many tips on how to wrap tricky handles and mirrors if anyone is interested! This week, I'll be installing 20mm spacers front and rear.
IMG_2081.jpg
IMG_2013.jpg
IMG_2053.jpg
IMG_2062.jpg

Enjoy!

Wow, that looks excellent, well done! Would love to see some notes on the process, I have been thinking about wrapping my piano interior in carbon as well, but nervous since I have never done anything like it before. What was your experience level before this project?

Wow, that looks excellent, well done! Would love to see some notes on the process, I have been thinking about wrapping my piano interior in carbon as well, but nervous since I have never done anything like it before. What was your experience level before this project?

My experience with vinyl was very limited. I wrapped a pair of bookshelf speakers a few months back, and thats all. As for general handiness and comfort taking the car apart, I've had quite a few project cars in the past and the idea of diving in didn't phase me. Ill make a walk around video tomorrow describing tips I have for wrapping the individual parts. I wish I had documented the process real time, but you know, hindsight.

A few helpful videos in the meantime:

Taking the mirror apart:

Deconstructing interior:

Popping off arm rest:

General wrapping tutorials:

Watch this guy's channel. Hours of it. I cannot stress how important it is to understand the basics of vinyl wrapping before starting.