TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Just finished paint correction and CQuartz Finest coating

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by DingDingDao, Apr 5, 2014.

1. DingDingDao

DingDingDao Member

Eric Schuster from Envious Detailing just finished a 7-hour paint correction and CQuartz Finest coating job on my car. Here's a shot from the job in progress. The car is curing right now, but I'll have pics of the finished product tomorrow afternoon. Eric did an amazing job and the paint now looks ridiculously glossy. There were a few trouble spots from the factory, but looking at it now you wouldn't have known there was anything problematic at all. He also coated the wheels, and I will probably have him back to do an interior treatment for protection from my 1-year-old.
    CaeF48w.jpg

More pics to come...

2. DingDingDao

DingDingDao Member

Got a chance to take a few shots this morning. I am a lousy photographer, and I am finding it really difficult to capture how much better the paint looks (maybe white is just hard to shoot up close?)...
    a553HCH.jpg
    vb0ExCs.jpg

3. darthvdr

darthvdr Member

How much did this cost?

4. DingDingDao

DingDingDao Member

Ended up costing $650 -- $300 for paint correction and $350 for coating. If I recall correctly he also offers Opticoat and 22PLE as other coating options.