Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I believe that's the reason why Tesla been keeping Model 3 SC cost a secret, because SC expansion especially in California can't even keep up with the current S/X. Tesla must charge more to discourage Model 3 from using SC or else there is no real benefit to free supercharging for S/X if you have to wait 1-2 hour to charge.

The cost to SuperCharge was revealed months ago. Charging $ for charging should help lessen the Model 3 impact, "encouraging" owners to charge at home, if they can. The charge fee is reasonable.
Supercharging

Since iIjoined the 'Tesla Family' lol! it's become clear to me how slimy and misleading the company is. Looking back the stack of misleading suggestions is getting a bit tough to stomach. Sales people dangled the supercharging fomo to get me to bite, everything about FSD is complete garbage; I don't even feel safe using AP2 EAP. The primary I reason I bought what I did when I did is because of the misleading info that gets pumped out into the public. Now I've paid for $10,000 in features that don't exist because I was mislead. If I knew the true state of the features I'd never have spent a dime and I'd have gotten the premium features instead, or not have bought a Tesla at all. Since then I can't even get a straight answer on a 60D -> 75D upgrade. I had 4 separate employees lie to me and tell me I'd get additional performance. Lying to make yet another sale. I was a huge fanboy of this company until I finally bought the car. Sure the car is nice even if it's not what I paid for (the FSD and EAP that are non-existent and I have had the car into the SC for warranty body issues) but after watching how willing Tesla is to dupe customers in the 7 months I've been an owner I don't expect I'll ever buy another one. Your analysis of their past videos makes it clear, getting accurate true information out of Tesla is like nailing jello to a wall. It's like finding out your buddy is actually a complete slime-ball, a bit heartbreaking.

People have to buy a Tesla for what it is right now. Because that's all you're guaranteed to get. A car that valets itself, phone mirroring, a freaking autonomous taxi service, are all dreams that Elon had but he bares no obligation to deliver on any of them. It's a very sloppy PR method that he only gets away with because there's not much meaningful competition in the luxury EV market.

I love Tesla for what they're doing to the auto industry. But I don't trust them.

• Helpful
Reactions: TaoJones
Since iIjoined the 'Tesla Family' lol! it's become clear to me how slimy and misleading the company is. Looking back the stack of misleading suggestions is getting a bit tough to stomach. Sales people dangled the supercharging fomo to get me to bite, everything about FSD is complete garbage; I don't even feel safe using AP2 EAP. The primary I reason I bought what I did when I did is because of the misleading info that gets pumped out into the public. Now I've paid for $10,000 in features that don't exist because I was mislead. If I knew the true state of the features I'd never have spent a dime and I'd have gotten the premium features instead, or not have bought a Tesla at all. Since then I can't even get a straight answer on a 60D -> 75D upgrade. I had 4 separate employees lie to me and tell me I'd get additional performance. Lying to make yet another sale. I was a huge fanboy of this company until I finally bought the car. Sure the car is nice even if it's not what I paid for (the FSD and EAP that are non-existent and I have had the car into the SC for warranty body issues) but after watching how willing Tesla is to dupe customers in the 7 months I've been an owner I don't expect I'll ever buy another one. Your analysis of their past videos makes it clear, getting accurate true information out of Tesla is like nailing jello to a wall. It's like finding out your buddy is actually a complete slime-ball, a bit heartbreaking.
This. Exactly. While I applaud Elon’s efforts towards making the world a better place, Tesla’s sales tactics are the complete opposite. It’s just unethical. Sure, people will get caught up in the halo effect and make excuses but at the end of the day, if any of us ran our business that way, we’d be out of business. Think about it.

I was excited to finally have a US automaker that is innovative and representative of what the country can offer after decades of underwhelming performance in this industry. However, I’m instead embarrassed by Tesla’s sales and marketing behaviors that reflect much of what is wrong with our country today. I now treat Elon’s tweets the same as Trump’s and just ignore them.

Last edited:
Summons was advertised to find you in the future. It's not a promised reneged on.
Summon on AP1 has been out for a while, how much longer am I supposed to wait "in the future" for it to meet me on my property?

But it's been what, 2 years now since AP1 was out? Please define "future", is that 10 years from now?

Do you really believe they'll make changes to summon on AP1?

I have 0 hope. It will never happen. I'm OK with it. But don't tell me that we're not "in the future" yet. It was taken down from the website soon after AP1 started rolling out, because they realized that they can't fulfill it. Just like "on ramp to off ramp" for AP1.

Reactions: JohnnyG and Swift
$10,000 ? what would that be? I agree with $3000 you paid for FSD does not exist, but where does the remaining $7k come from ?
He also states he ordered EAP which is $5,000 and his concerns about it being unsafe (I would add unreliable and incomplete).

Taken together, that is $8,000. With taxes and the interest from the loan he likely has, you’re pretty close to $10,000.

I think most people who own Teslas and bought EAP, or FSD accept that they pay for something that will be added in the future. I doubt many were tricked into thinking, that the car they get can do everything advertised with EAP. And I don't mind that future Tesla owners will have to pay for Superchargers. And I do think EAP will improve over time and we will have to be patient.

What I don't like though, is that there is no official and reliable timeline on things like that. And that the only info we got about timelines were obviously wrong. 3k is a lot of money for something you can't use.

So if Tesla wants their customers to buy some future product, they should be a bit more transparent and way more conservative. Or make it a refundable upgrade, like Model S/X/3 reservations. Treat it like a reservation for FSD and if people want their money back before it's implemented, give them their money back. They could still be forced to pay the retroactive penalty, if they decide to get it again afterwards.

I got chance to revisit this and I wrote my original gripe before my coffee so I'll add/correct some info. I went and dug up my purchase documents. I got an inventory 60D q1 of 2017 vin 169XXX currently on version 2017.28 c528869. In options I paid $5,000 for EAP, $3,000 for FSD, $2,500 for UHFD sound, and $1,000 for subzero. I'd also like to correct I shouldn't have said 4 sales people, it was a a number of SC folks. Even though they were trying to sell me on the upgrade it's inaccurate for me to call them 'sales staff'. I definitely own this car and I'm not making it up because I'm from the Detroit area. I dealt with a lot of guff and extra fees to get this thing from out of state and because of the attitudes here I've even had people throw batteries and pennies out the window of their vehicle at me.

So let me correct, since correct info and accounting for one's words is important :). I paid ~$8,480 after tax for features that I regret. I love the sound package and subzero but it's still a rub that I can't get Bluetooth streaming to work with any of my tablets/phones. My windows stop working from time to time proof:
. Most of those things I don't gripe about on the forum though I've handled them between me and Tesla privately.

What I do post about is the misinformation. making these feelings public is the way to give Tesla the chance to improve. I'd have spent my money differently if I know what I was actually getting. I'd have gotten the premium package and probably subzero, Or I'd have bought a different EV. It wouldn't have been my dream car but I'd be saving money until my dream car exists. If 1 ft rollout, fudged performance numbers, Ludicrous neutering, FSD timeline, holding back on EAB can be forgiven surely my rounding off ~$1,520 is a sin worth forgiving. The buyer beware mentality doesn't carry much weight with me either. People here claim it's naive to buy into everything Tesla says even about existing models / features. By comparison I think it's naive of people let traditional dealerships slap on extra interest to their loan. With that said I still think it's a crappy thing for the dealership to do, not the fault of the buyer.

My Tesla is still the best car I've owned but the approach the company takes on training/distributing technical specifications on features should to change. I'd like to see it change. I think more training, transparency and honesty are the ways to handle this.

I think most people who own Teslas and bought EAP, or FSD accept that they pay for something that will be added in the future. I doubt many were tricked into thinking, that the car they get can do everything advertised with EAP. And I don't mind that future Tesla owners will have to pay for Superchargers. And I do think EAP will improve over time and we will have to be patient.

What I don't like though, is that there is no official and reliable timeline on things like that. And that the only info we got about timelines were obviously wrong. 3k is a lot of money for something you can't use.

So if Tesla wants their customers to buy some future product, they should be a bit more transparent and way more conservative. Or make it a refundable upgrade, like Model S/X/3 reservations. Treat it like a reservation for FSD and if people want their money back before it's implemented, give them their money back. They could still be forced to pay the retroactive penalty, if they decide to get it again afterwards.

I'll disagree with your first paragraph. In the fourth quarter last year Tesla made a clear promise about EAP availability by the end of the year, so those who purchased at that time had a reasonable expectation that EAP would work by that deadline.

It's usually dropping the stream after a few seconds into the song. I mean slacker is great but it'd be nice not to play albums I've bought on google without going through downloading all the time. I've tried on a Google Tango, s8, ipad gen 1and a couple others but no iphones. I mean this kind of thing is small potatoes but yet another thing. But, I don't want to drag the thread off course. :)

I'll disagree with your first paragraph. In the fourth quarter last year Tesla made a clear promise about EAP availability by the end of the year, so those who purchased at that time had a reasonable expectation that EAP would work by that deadline.

But that's what I wrote in my second paragraph. I mean you knew the car you bought would not have EAP at arrival, but you thought it would have EAP by the end of the year, based on the presented timeline. That's the real issue.

And I think many of those who complain right now would be more patient, if there hadn't been this promise.

Last edited:
There are plenty of promises Tesla went back on or has not delivered.

- Ranger service anyone?
- AP1 reading traffic lights, meeting you on the curb?
- P85D HP
- P85DL, P90DL V1, V2 performance

And of course many things hugely late, AP1 ramp top ramp and AP2 auto-wipers ("Decemeber 2016") for example and EAP not being anywhere near as explained in Q4/2016... etc. etc.

And where are those free lighted vanity mirrors as retrofit to every Model S? Yes, Tesla promised that too!

There are plenty of promises Tesla went back on or has not delivered.

- Ranger service anyone?
- AP1 reading traffic lights, meeting you on the curb?
- P85D HP
- P85DL, P90DL V1, V2 performance

And of course many things hugely late, AP1 ramp top ramp and AP2 auto-wipers ("Decemeber 2016") for example and EAP not being anywhere near as explained in Q4/2016... etc. etc.

And where are those free lighted vanity mirrors as retrofit to every Model S? Yes, Tesla promised that too!

It's funny how owners both love and distrust Tesla at the same time. Like I said earlier in this thread: You have to buy your car based on what it is right now. Because they'll change their plans on a whim without muttering a word about it.

I'm especially worried about people who prepaid for EAP/FSD under the promise that Tesla will deliver. That's risky.

It's funny how owners both love and distrust Tesla at the same time. Like I said earlier in this thread: You have to buy your car based on what it is right now. Because they'll change their plans on a whim without muttering a word about it.

I'm especially worried about people who prepaid for EAP/FSD under the promise that Tesla will deliver. That's risky.

Tesla the car = great
Tesla the corporation = not great, needs to mature as an organization. They aren't a small tech startup any longer.