TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Just found this from Heatshield

Discussion in 'Model X: Interior & Exterior' started by CaliX, Apr 6, 2016.

1. CaliX

CaliX Member

Might help for the Summer months.

Attached Files:

2. K-MTG

K-MTG Sunshade Captain of TMC

Link please, can't find it

3. CaliX

CaliX Member

• Informative x 2
  4. K-MTG

I wonder if you can put the tesla sunshade under this. I would get this but it won't look nice

5. Johan

Johan Took a TSLA bear test. Came back negative.

I'm sure it will help a lot if the sun is very strong, but I wouldn't trust AP that much. Maybe cut two holes for the driver's eyes?

• Funny x 4
  6. K-MTG

Do they have a sunshade that covers the skylights on the FWD of the Model X?

7. araxara

araxara S-P85#3,218 X-90D#3,299

Yes, I ordered one of these and it arrived yesterday. It fits really nicely. I ordered the “gold” colored version, since it matches my Titanium color better. They told me the heat rejection is the same between the Gold and Silver. This version covers to a little bit over the top of the sun visors. They have templates for all the glass in the car:

[​IMG]

• Like x 2
  8. K-MTG

Cool, can you please post some pictures from the inside. Does it look ugly? I plan on leaving the top part on the panoramic roof, I hope it goes well with the black headliner. Do they also have a sunshade for the skylights on the FWD and the rear windows on the FWD? Thanks!!

9. CaliX

CaliX Member

Yes. I believe it's part of the top order.

10. araxara

araxara S-P85#3,218 X-90D#3,299

They should have patterns for all the glass on the Model X, according to the email I got from them. Here is a picture of the interior. The inside color is Black. On my Model S Silver Heatshield, the interior color is White, but I bought that some years ago, so I don’t know the interior color they use now.’

[​IMG]

11. gjunky

gjunky Waiting for the Model ☰

I ordered both parts. I wonder if you can drive with the top one in place (above the visors)

12. K-MTG

You can! I use mine while driving

Attached Files:

13. vangogh

vangogh Member

Do you have any internal car temperatures with and without both front windshield covers installed? (along with external temp)...
    Thanks

14. Dan Detweiler

Dan Detweiler Member

So I take it from this thread that the big glass roof of the X is an issue with many when it comes to heat? I am a Model S reservation holder and this feature concerns me somewhat. I love the openness of a glass roof and the added headroom but I am concerned about baking in the summer.

Any thoughts?

Dan

15. AZ Desert Driver

AZ Desert Driver Genesis - The Beginning - MS60D in its nest

I too am worried about the solar oven factor of the all-glass ceiling. Why buy glass, then cover it with foil? Why not buy the metal roof, and just avoid all the fit/finish/roof rack/heat aspects?
    I had a graphite racket in the trunk melt into a spoon shape. Trunks can get hot in the desert. Why invite problems with mega glass ?

16. AZ Desert Driver

AZ Desert Driver Genesis - The Beginning - MS60D in its nest

Those hills-looks like you are in Sabino Heights, right around the corner from me. Hi neighbor!!

17. Dan Detweiler

Dan Detweiler Member

Sorry, meant to say that I am a Model 3 reservation holder...not Model S.

Dan

18. Dazureus

Dazureus Member

We have some sunny warm days finally here in Michigan, but it doesn't compare to the southern states. When it was in the high 80's this week, my model X would reach 109 internally. That's in full sun in an asphalt parking lot so I don't think that's too bad.

19. Dan Detweiler

Dan Detweiler Member

Are you able to mitigate the internal heat by pre-conditioning? Is the light/glare an issue?

Thanks

Dan

20. Dazureus

Dazureus Member

I haven't used pre-conditioning yet because my schedule isn't super stable. I have turned on the A/C with the phone app a few minutes before I left and it cools the cabin down quickly. Light and glare isn't an issue but I always wear polarized sunglasses that have an 85% transmittance. The tint on the front windshield is dark enough, even on the transitional area between clear and tinted. The rear windows and falcon wing door tints are dark enough not to be able to see inside when viewed from outside unless you're right up on the glass.