Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Just found this from Heatshield

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Might help for the Summer months.

Attachments

• image1.jpeg
    image1.jpeg
    370.7 KB · Views: 649
  • image2.jpeg
    image2.jpeg
    359.7 KB · Views: 589
Here is the link for purchase and I called them and he sent me the photos.

https://www.heatshieldstore.com/sun_shades_for/tesla/model_x/2016

(408)738-3959
Yes, I ordered one of these and it arrived yesterday. It fits really nicely. I ordered the “gold” colored version, since it matches my Titanium color better. They told me the heat rejection is the same between the Gold and Silver. This version covers to a little bit over the top of the sun visors. They have templates for all the glass in the car:

26278035055_2b3285c22c_k.jpg

Yes, I ordered one of these and it arrived yesterday. It fits really nicely. I ordered the “gold” colored version, since it matches my Titanium color better. They told me the heat rejection is the same between the Gold and Silver. This version covers to a little bit over the top of the sun visors. They have templates for all the glass in the car:

Cool, can you please post some pictures from the inside. Does it look ugly? I plan on leaving the top part on the panoramic roof, I hope it goes well with the black headliner. Do they also have a sunshade for the skylights on the FWD and the rear windows on the FWD? Thanks!!

Cool, can you please post some pictures from the inside. Does it look ugly? I plan on leaving the top part on the panoramic roof, I hope it goes well with the black headliner. Do they also have a sunshade for the skylights on the FWD and the rear windows on the FWD? Thanks!!

They should have patterns for all the glass on the Model X, according to the email I got from them. Here is a picture of the interior. The inside color is Black. On my Model S Silver Heatshield, the interior color is White, but I bought that some years ago, so I don’t know the interior color they use now.’

25690426263_76404446bc_h.jpg

So I take it from this thread that the big glass roof of the X is an issue with many when it comes to heat? I am a Model S reservation holder and this feature concerns me somewhat. I love the openness of a glass roof and the added headroom but I am concerned about baking in the summer.

Any thoughts?

Dan

I too am worried about the solar oven factor of the all-glass ceiling. Why buy glass, then cover it with foil? Why not buy the metal roof, and just avoid all the fit/finish/roof rack/heat aspects?
I had a graphite racket in the trunk melt into a spoon shape. Trunks can get hot in the desert. Why invite problems with mega glass ?

They should have patterns for all the glass on the Model X, according to the email I got from them. Here is a picture of the interior. The inside color is Black. On my Model S Silver Heatshield, the interior color is White, but I bought that some years ago, so I don’t know the interior color they use now.’

25690426263_76404446bc_h.jpg
Those hills-looks like you are in Sabino Heights, right around the corner from me. Hi neighbor!!

So I take it from this thread that the big glass roof of the X is an issue with many when it comes to heat? I am a Model S reservation holder and this feature concerns me somewhat. I love the openness of a glass roof and the added headroom but I am concerned about baking in the summer.

Any thoughts?

Dan

We have some sunny warm days finally here in Michigan, but it doesn't compare to the southern states. When it was in the high 80's this week, my model X would reach 109 internally. That's in full sun in an asphalt parking lot so I don't think that's too bad.

We have some sunny warm days finally here in Michigan, but it doesn't compare to the southern states. When it was in the high 80's this week, my model X would reach 109 internally. That's in full sun in an asphalt parking lot so I don't think that's too bad.
Are you able to mitigate the internal heat by pre-conditioning? Is the light/glare an issue?

Thanks

Dan

Are you able to mitigate the internal heat by pre-conditioning? Is the light/glare an issue?

Thanks

Dan

I haven't used pre-conditioning yet because my schedule isn't super stable. I have turned on the A/C with the phone app a few minutes before I left and it cools the cabin down quickly. Light and glare isn't an issue but I always wear polarized sunglasses that have an 85% transmittance. The tint on the front windshield is dark enough, even on the transitional area between clear and tinted. The rear windows and falcon wing door tints are dark enough not to be able to see inside when viewed from outside unless you're right up on the glass.