Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Just found this. Something’s missing. What is this?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Had our car for about a month, and happened to see this the other day above the 12v outlet in the back. It sure looks like something is missing, maybe a vent cover or maybe an access cover that they forgot to snap into place. You can kinda see part of the taillight assembly and some cabling through the hole. What the heck is it?

Attachments

• A7CC01C4-DDDF-4457-B38A-DCABC4562B54.jpeg
    A7CC01C4-DDDF-4457-B38A-DCABC4562B54.jpeg
    708.6 KB · Views: 120
  • 3238C099-3EC5-43BF-ADF6-2B4EE14FB1DD.jpeg
    3238C099-3EC5-43BF-ADF6-2B4EE14FB1DD.jpeg
    551.3 KB · Views: 118
Had our car for about a month, and happened to see this the other day above the 12v outlet in the back. It sure looks like something is missing, maybe a vent cover or maybe an access cover that they forgot to snap into place. You can kinda see part of the taillight assembly and some cabling through the hole. What the heck is it?
It’s in the manual…

• Disagree
Reactions: NotElunMosk
Well… yea! I mean, this was a question/concern of mine. So I looked in the manual. Found out that it was an emergency bypass. My concern was put to rest. Point being: if you have a question about the car, it’s most likely answered in a quick 5 minute browsing of the manual. Or you can just ask here I suppose…if you don’t mind waiting for a response.
Right. Got the point the first time. When I grow up, I endeavor to be as resourceful as you, without the snark of course.

• Funny
Reactions: ucsdsig