Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Just getting 2020.20.5

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Don’t see a thread on it so starting one. Anyone know what’s in it?

There is another thread with at least some of the release notes: 2020.20.5 has improvements to GPS

Here is partial screenshot of release notes for 2020.20.5:

Screen_Shot_2020-06-05_at_7.21.39_PM_1024x1024.png

"Based on the information from the release notes and the fact that the update is seemingly being rolled out to older vehicles, it appears that 2020.20.5 is designed to level out the performance of Tesla’s fleet, at least to some degree. GPS improvements may seem pretty minor in the grand scheme of things, but they go a long way in contributing to a vehicle’s key functions, such as navigation.

This is especially true when one considers that navigation is key to the rollout of the company’s Full Self-Driving suite. Tesla is currently pushing hard to roll out more features for its FSD suite, which would put the system closer to a feature-complete version. CEO Elon Musk is optimistic about FSD, previously stating that its feature-complete iteration is poised to be released in the near future."
Tesla Rolls Out GPS Update Improvements In 2020.20.5 OTA Update

• Informative
Reactions: Gt1948 and croman
After testing the update I can confirm that on freeways the GPS seems more accurate seems to keep me correctly positioned within each lane but I still have the drift problem in Windee roads in less open areas

Boy, I find it hard to believe lane centering is based on GPS - that would have to be one very accurate GPS receiver :) Did you read about that somewhere? I would expect AP to use front-facing cameras and lines/curb...

The Tesla app can show the parking stall that my car is in.

this was my experience as well for the first 3 years of ownership with MCU1. Tesla App location was flawless. This time it seems off more often. I’ll have the service center look at the antenna cable and maybe re-seating it in the MCU2 will resolve the issue. Other than that the update seems to drive just as good for me

Weird, I didn’t see the GPS on my 3 but it’s supposed to be there. Yeah, the GPS entry is new for .5.

Is that bug recent? Not heard of that one (update issue after a ferry movement, etc.).
I dont know about it being new...I just updated both cars and the rev number for the GPS did not change....still at NA-2020.20-11866

Also, I rebooted after update....something was still running.....I was on for 6 hrs......I re-booted using the brake and thumb wheels and within 15 min went to sleep