Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Just got 14 day EAP trial this morning

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Interesting that this is currently hitting cars now....

The reason I say this, is last night allot of owners with these current features found out that the features are DOA for them currently.

Wonder if this rollout of the trial is effecting current users..

Got it too today. Freaked me out...

I saw no way to dismiss the screen without refusing to ever accept the trial... so I accepted it.

Turned it on on the freeway and the first thing I notice is that on a curve in the road I drifted over the lan and started driving on the bumps before I took back control... had a big rig over in that next lane and drifting into that would not end well...

Not sure I trust this thing.

I thought EAP followed the road and made turns, but if it doesn’t how does it differ from cruise control?

Or was I still in cruise control?
- how do I know which one I am in?

Got it too today. Freaked me out...

I saw no way to dismiss the screen without refusing to ever accept the trial... so I accepted it.

Turned it on on the freeway and the first thing I notice is that on a curve in the road I drifted over the lan and started driving on the bumps before I took back control... had a big rig over in that next lane and drifting into that would not end well...

Not sure I trust this thing.

I thought EAP followed the road and made turns, but if it doesn’t how does it differ from cruise control?

Read the manual - click down the stalk twice, hear the bing and things go blue - you're running EAP. Click it once and you're just in standard cruise.

Reactions: Kichwas

You should read the owners manual about Auto Pilot before using the feature. You can access the owners manual through your center screen display, or start on page 59 in this PDF file that is available online at
https://www.tesla.com/content/dam/tesla/Ownership/Own/Model 3 Owners Manual.pdf