Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Just got 19.8.3 this morning...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looking forward to this update, im on 2019.5.14! My Wifi currently doesn't reach car as the Tesla range is not great. Will the update download via the mobile connection?

New Tesla owner, 3 weeks so far! love it apart from my headliner makes weird noises!

Looking forward to this update, im on 2019.5.14! My Wifi currently doesn't reach car as the Tesla range is not great. Will the update download via the mobile connection?

New Tesla owner, 3 weeks so far! love it apart from my headliner makes weird noises!

Congratulations on the car, not sure I’ve heard of weird noises from the headliner before. Once your car has been selected by the Mothership to receive a software update it will try over WiFi first. If a connection can’t be made, and nobody knows how long it tries for, it will switch to cellular.

However the maps updates, which are large files, allegedly only download over WiFi. It would be worth trying to sort out a WiFi connection, possibly by extending the network at home or maybe there’s a work option?

Congratulations on the car, not sure I’ve heard of weird noises from the headliner before. Once your car has been selected by the Mothership to receive a software update it will try over WiFi first. If a connection can’t be made, and nobody knows how long it tries for, it will switch to cellular.

However the maps updates, which are large files, allegedly only download over WiFi. It would be worth trying to sort out a WiFi connection, possibly by extending the network at home or maybe there’s a work option?

Awesome! Thanks for the info, Wifi is on my todo, going to add an extra node to my google wifi.

Have a listen to the video link below, around 30 seconds, it sounds like its raining inside my headliner!

20190324_133845000_iOS.MOV

Awesome! Thanks for the info, Wifi is on my todo, going to add an extra node to my google wifi.

Have a listen to the video link below, around 30 seconds, it sounds like its raining inside my headliner!

20190324_133845000_iOS.MOV

That is weird and defo not right. I'm sure the SC can sort that, might be worth sending them the link in case they can diagnose before you visit.

I put a Google WiFi node in my garage and the car connects fine. In case it helps with positioning the WiFi antenna is in the drivers (RHD) door mirror assembly.

For those with odd headliner noise; just take it to SC. After a big repair after a rear-end collision, the roof started making odd rain like sounds. Told SC in MK and they came out with me, heard it, and fixed it.
FYI ; If you ever need a bodyshop in MK, don't use Frosts use the other one (cant remember the name, but here's only 2). They made more mistakes than I can count, which the SC has kindly sorted for free.

It could also be the roof isn't fitted properly. When my car first arrived the pano roof creeked and had alot of wind noise. The SC refitted it for me and it was perfect after that.

And back on topic, 2019.8.3 just installed... Not been to the car yet but noticed Sentry Mode on the App and activated it remotely (awesome!) hopefully the AP is back to the pre 2019.5.14 mess. The loaner X I just had reminded me how great AP was on 2018.50.x

My t.a.c.c seems to be very erratic speeds up like crazy then panics and brakes hard it must be the phantom braking everyone talks about.
It never done this when I got the free trial so I don't think it's the cars hardware.