Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Just got 2019.24.4

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is the update I’ve been waiting wanting for over 3 years. I bought the CHAdeMO adapter before the Model 3 was even announced knowing I would use it a lot. I was so annoyed to find out the car wasn’t supported, and now even more annoyed it was just a software update this whole time that they kept people from.

Impatiently waiting.

Why do you think Tesla "withheld" it from us? It probably took a fair amount of testing, no?

Reactions: mnevar and MP3Mike
It's the same adapter that has worked on the S/X for like 5 years now. Can't imagine how there'd have been almost 2 more years of testing of literally the same part needed post-launch of the Model 3 before making it work via a software update.

Exactly, which is why I bought it before the car came out. Then rumors spread saying it was a hardware issue incompatibility, yet after all this time it was only a software thing is pretty obnoxious. I mean the way to get electrons into an electric car should probably be at the top of priorities.

Why do you think Tesla "withheld" it from us? It probably took a fair amount of testing, no?
Then I think Tesla is doing really bad practice in software decoupling. Updating of those auxiliary functions like charging adapters, sketch pads, games should not be bond with/blocked by core AP changes. We want a solid AP version, but for all these extra functions I’m happy to do some beta testing.

Reactions: pilotSteve
It's the same adapter that has worked on the S/X for like 5 years now. Can't imagine how there'd have been almost 2 more years of testing of literally the same part needed post-launch of the Model 3 before making it work via a software update.

But the batteries in the Model 3 are different... I doubt Tesla withheld it. Doesn't make any sense to.

Reactions: Jedi2155
I was so annoyed to find out the car wasn’t supported, and now even more annoyed it was just a software update this whole time that they kept people from.

But the BMS that does all of the charge controlling and talking to the Supercharger/CCS/CHAdeMO charger is completely different between the Model S&X and the Model 3. So they had to write and test new code. Did that take 2 years? Highly unlikely. But they prioritized other work in front of the CHAdeMO support. (Until they were ready to sell Model 3s in Japan where CHAdeMO support is essentially required.)

F43C5396-8BD0-4FC7-BF92-CDFB71E9A74C.png
Another thread of people with HW3 moving to the most recent build. I haven’t received it yet but my HW3 car has been updating to the most current software since 16.3.2 after that it merged. Everyone running 15.102-104 are now merging in with the rest. It just takes time for it come. Another thing, teslafi DOES NOT show HW3 source code for Model 3 they all show AP 2.5. So you have to kinda look at what software they’re coming from. My car came with 7.106 or something and updated while I was taking delivery to 12.1.2 however I didn’t have all the feature like NOAP, auto lane change until HW3 cars moved to 16.2-16.3.2. Just have patients it’ll come

2019.24.4 seems a bit quicker on the acceleration after a stopped car moves out of the way. I had a car stop in front of me to make a right turn. My car slowed down smoothly when the car in front slowed down but then accelerated again as soon as the car made the turn. In the past, AP would wait a couple seconds before accelerating again even when the path is clear. Hopefully, this is a good sign that Tesla is going to give us a smooth "City NOA".