Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Just got 2019.24.4

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I guess Windows is different....
Actually the Mac is different.:D:D:D

Screen Shot 2019-07-30 at 6.21.33 PM.png

I wish I could somehow request a navigation update. The car has good WiFi and hasn't had an issue with software updates to-date.

Submit a "Software Update" service request via the app mentioning that you are stuck on an old version of the navigation data and that you want them to check why it hasn't updated. They can likely fix it remotely. (You probably had a map update that failed and is in a stuck state.)

Are there any tangible benefits to AP behaviour with the new maps or is it simply just a "new map"?

Can't speak to this specific version of map update- but typically map updates provide a number of tangible AP benefits including:

A more accurate speed limit database (for example the last map update I got added speed limits on some roads that formerly had none and restricted you to 50 mph max on AP)

and

Better Nav-on-AP behavior as they include better data on things like exits, lanes, and interchanges

• Informative
Reactions: MacGreiner
I just requested service because I'm tired of not being able to navigate Seattle because the SR99 tunnel (only one of the biggest tunnel projects in the world) isn't being taken into account. I don't even know if the new mapping data resolves this, but I figure it's worth a try.
Someone on Reddit confirmed that the tunnel is indeed included in the Navigation update, although there is no HOV lane support.

Looks like it's in there!! Put a random address on E Marginal way S and Imit routes me through the 99. Harrison->6th->WA99 S

FINALLY!!!!!

No HOV lane support though.

Source (credit to u/apanali)

• Informative
Reactions: WilliamG
I just requested service because I'm tired of not being able to navigate Seattle because the SR99 tunnel (only one of the biggest tunnel projects in the world) isn't being taken into account. I don't even know if the new mapping data resolves this, but I figure it's worth a try.

Thanks. Let me know if that method works for getting the update (and if they can do it remotely).

Submit a "Software Update" service request via the app mentioning that you are stuck on an old version of the navigation data and that you want them to check why it hasn't updated. They can likely fix it remotely. (You probably had a map update that failed and is in a stuck state.)

My service center sent me an email saying they charge $10 to do that when I put in a request.