Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Just got 2019.24.4

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Beats me. It was technically $9.96 or something like that. They asked if I still wanted to push the update and I said no, that's absurd.

I have to use my phone as a WiFi hotspot to get updates now when I'm commuting to work.

Like did he give you his personal paypal to send it to, or did he send an actual official Tesla estimate for the bill? (if the later I'd love to see it)

Well, I just went out on a relatively empty I-25 in Denver to test out the new map data. I drive 10 miles to work each day on the south end of the city. I-25 north to Colorado Blvd. Since I got my car in May, the interchange there has counted too few lanes and NoA always puts me in the wrong lane for my exit. I was hoping this update would correct the number of lanes there. Nope. It switched lanes to the 2nd from the right lane less than a mile before the exit, looked for the exit markings, didn’t see them, and blew on by.

Unfortunately, the phantom braking was terrible and after I turned around at the next exit, got back on the freeway and headed home, it was herky jerky, then slowed down on the freeway to 40 mph to attempt to exit at my return exchange. It does not slow like this at the other exchange if I cancel the lane change it wants to do before exiting. Seems unique to this exit (with limited additional testing, admittedly).

I know it is in beta, but there is still a long way to go. I hope V10 improves on this behavior. NoA is essentially useless to me for my daily commute (on both ends) since I got the car. I guess I’ll continue to be patient.

In the meantime, is there someone I should notify of the map discrepancy?

Well, I just went out on a relatively empty I-25 in Denver to test out the new map data. I drive 10 miles to work each day on the south end of the city. I-25 north to Colorado Blvd. Since I got my car in May, the interchange there has counted too few lanes and NoA always puts me in the wrong lane for my exit. I was hoping this update would correct the number of lanes there. Nope. It switched lanes to the 2nd from the right lane less than a mile before the exit, looked for the exit markings, didn’t see them, and blew on by.

Unfortunately, the phantom braking was terrible and after I turned around at the next exit, got back on the freeway and headed home, it was herky jerky, then slowed down on the freeway to 40 mph to attempt to exit at my return exchange. It does not slow like this at the other exchange if I cancel the lane change it wants to do before exiting. Seems unique to this exit (with limited additional testing, admittedly).

I know it is in beta, but there is still a long way to go. I hope V10 improves on this behavior. NoA is essentially useless to me for my daily commute (on both ends) since I got the car. I guess I’ll continue to be patient.

In the meantime, is there someone I should notify of the map discrepancy?

I posted the following in another forum tonight. Hope it helps.

So, this is very interesting.

A few months ago, I noticed that both Apple Maps and the Tesla navigation system both routed me in a very strange way near my house, as if the principal neighborhood road right by my house was closed or otherwise impassable. Google Maps has never made such errors in the five years I have lived here.

When I looked at the info page on Apple Maps, it indicated that the map data was coming from TomTom. So, I created a TomTom account on their map editor website, where, sure enough, my local street was marked as blocked. I submitted a correction and then went about my business.

Fast forward four or five months, to today. Maps version 2019.20 was pushed to my car this morning. On my commute home this evening, the car routed me via my local street that even yesterday it refused to use. Eureka!

It would therefore appear that, in my neck of the woods, at least, Tesla's system is getting at least some map data from TomTom, despite the screen's saying that it comes from Google. So, if you have map errors on your car, you might try reporting them here!

Map Share™ Reporter

Why???HW3 offers 0 advantage at this point and is likely also inferior at this point running the current HW2.5 code.

Just check to see if you video codec is H.264 or H.265 and then you will know.

My thinking is, I prefer HW 3 so that IFF more FSD functions are released I’ll get them without the wait for a computer swap. I paid for FSD, it would be nice if the hardware is ready for it so it’s a matter of a software OTA update.

Is the consensus that those of us who got 24.4 have cars with the HW2.5 computer? I received the update over a week ago, which is good but it makes me think I have HW2.5 based on what I’ve read about those stuck on 15.105...? My car is a June build.

One percent of the TeslaFI fleet is on 15.104 or 15.105 - over 80% are 24.4.

My Raven X with H265 videos is on 24.4.

It's possible that's an aberration - it was delivered on a 2019.15 build in early June and the second day I rebooted it for a glitch and it said firmware update required and twenty minutes later had downloaded the then current version (2019.20.x, I think,) and offered to update.

Since then I've had several updates, about one every ten days.

Awesome. I’ll check it out and report back. Thanks.

I posted the following in another forum tonight. Hope it helps.

So, this is very interesting.

A few months ago, I noticed that both Apple Maps and the Tesla navigation system both routed me in a very strange way near my house, as if the principal neighborhood road right by my house was closed or otherwise impassable. Google Maps has never made such errors in the five years I have lived here.

When I looked at the info page on Apple Maps, it indicated that the map data was coming from TomTom. So, I created a TomTom account on their map editor website, where, sure enough, my local street was marked as blocked. I submitted a correction and then went about my business.

Fast forward four or five months, to today. Maps version 2019.20 was pushed to my car this morning. On my commute home this evening, the car routed me via my local street that even yesterday it refused to use. Eureka!

It would therefore appear that, in my neck of the woods, at least, Tesla's system is getting at least some map data from TomTom, despite the screen's saying that it comes from Google. So, if you have map errors on your car, you might try reporting them here!

Map Share™ Reporter

I’m with the Virtual Diagnostics team for the Littleton Tesla Service Center, and I am reviewing your upcoming appointment for 8/8, and wanted to reach out proactively. It looks like your Firmware was successfully installed on 7/15 at 4:48PM, and a new version of Maps was installed on 7/23 at 4:44PM. There are no outstanding Firmware updates available for your Model 3 at this time.

If there are no additional concerns, a service visit will not be required.

Thank you,

Denver Virtual Service Team

Denver, CO 80222

[email protected]

This is what I finally received after submitting a service request for software update. I went back and forth and zero F’s to give. I’m connected to WiFi and plugged in from 5pm-7am...nothing. Appreciate the map update but I hadn’t had any problems during my routes. Build date of 23 June 2019, should be HW3 but haven’t confirmed via file format, I will today.

Why have a software update request in the service section if you’re not going to do anything? I did tell them that my blinkers have stopped making noise a couple times and that was of concern to them but nothing back yet.

Why have a software update request in the service section if you’re not going to do anything?

Because if you are having a problem getting an update or have one stuck you may need to have them do something. But in your case they are saying that at this time there is not a newer firmware version assigned to your car, so there is nothing for them to do.