Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Just got 2019.24.4

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Bc I live in an apt and I have 6k supercharging miles free to use.

I feel like giving people free Supercharging is more of a curse than it is a gift. Gives people all the wrong ideas about Supercharging. Tesla should come up with something else as an incentive. Provide credit towards providing home/apartment charging solutions...work with apartment complexes that have Tesla owners...etc.

It’s a difficult problem, but probably a better use of resources.

You miss out on the best part of owning an EV when you can’t charge at your home/apartment.

My AP experience is the opposite - 24.4 mostly fixed my biggest issue with AP under 20.4 - the aggressive centering when a lane widens like an onramp merge, and even noticeably reduced the panic when a car in the next lane moves a bit during overtaking.

There's a slight surging sometimes when following a car at less than the set speed that I don't really remember having before, but on the whole it's a solid improvement and very usable.

• Informative
Reactions: GSP
My AP generally feels the same as when I bought the car (2019.12.x firmware). I really wish they could figure out the shadow braking, though. While it's infrequent, it's a huge flaw and usually leads me to just stop using AP for the trip (if that car can't differentiate between a shadow and another vehicle, how is it supposed to be "fully self driving"? asking for a friend).

So I saw the multiple-vehicle active tracking today a couple times. AP will start actively tracking multiple vehicles when it perceives (or thinks) that lanes are about to merge so as to be able to do it autonomously.

Yep this started 2 updates ago. But with the week 24 updates I've seen my car tracking as many as 3 cars at once. Makes merging a far less stressful experience. :) I was surprised the other day to see my M3 tracking the car in front of me as well as 2 cars to my left that were merging one forward and one behind me.

Reactions: pdx_m3s
I feel like giving people free Supercharging is more of a curse than it is a gift. Gives people all the wrong ideas about Supercharging. Tesla should come up with something else as an incentive. Provide credit towards providing home/apartment charging solutions...work with apartment complexes that have Tesla owners...etc.

It’s a difficult problem, but probably a better use of resources.

You miss out on the best part of owning an EV when you can’t charge at your home/apartment.

Couldn't agree more. Also, free supercharging is only useful if you absolutely can't charge at home. 1,000 miles of charging for me in Seattle is around $30 worth, with our not-cheap-not-expensive electricity prices. Who. Freaking. Cares?

I'd much rather have had a free adapter or... just about anything else.

Reactions: willw64
First post.
Updated to version 28.2 this evening.
Re. the feature that links a key to a specific driver profile.
In my car, under the Locks section, the profile icons are all grayed out thus unable to link.
Anyone else experiencing the same problem?
Thanks.