Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Just got 225 kW charging - June 2020 Build with Battery version “G”

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Right but if you are road tripping you are rolling in low SOC and riding that juice till 60% SOC.

Does it make senes that you hit the cap recently and around 15,000kwh? If so, we may be able to pin it at 15k

How many miles approximately was that SCing? I would guess between 40k-50k miles.

correct when I’m hopping between SCs I don’t charge to 90% ..if I recall when was getting V3 speeds greater than 160kw I was able to shave a few minutes up to 70% ...IMO V3 speeds don’t really change the charging game unless the taper happens later ...as a matter of fact my AC compressor went out at 60k miles as it works hard at these charging speeds ..my second AC compressor went out at 75k miles fortunately the second was covered by the warranty of the first ...

When I’m doing long distance driving When I can’t hop across SCs as much I just give myself one hour charge time ..not complaining of the situation just saying these speeds aren’t guaranteed forever and they don’t really save that much time in the bigger picture ;)