TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Just got a call from my DS....

Discussion in 'Model S: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by n33d45p33d, Mar 9, 2015.

1. n33d45p33d

n33d45p33d Member

....to let me know that a production slot opened up and he can move my delivery to the end of this month instead of the scheduled end of April delivery! He wanted to know if I was ok with that? Of course! A whole month early, I could barely wait knowing it was for end of April. Imagine now lol

2. stevezzzz

stevezzzz R;SigS;P85D;SigX

Lucky you! Congratulations. But the days are going to drag by even more slowly, now...

3. Wojski

Wojski Member

Funny enough, I am awaiting that same call from my DS. Here's hoping that it comes sooner than later. End of March would be so sweet.

4. saladman

saladman Member

Interesting. No one called me, but my dashboard changed from late April to Late March. And I'm calling to see if they can push it back to April.

5. markwj

markwj Moderator, Asia Pacific

Funny how this always seems to happen on the 3rd, 6th, 9th and 12th months...

6. Kbra

Kbra Member

Same exact thing happened to me this past Saturday. They must be pushing for the end of quarter goals.

7. andrewket

andrewket 2014 S P85DL, 2016 X P90DL (soon 100)

I believe the factory is supply constrained for RHD vehicles, opening up production slots for LHD.

8. n33d45p33d

n33d45p33d Member

It went into production today. Can't wait!

9. nghktom

nghktom Member

i wish my DS will make contact with me. I have sent a few emails but it seems the DS has either gone for a trip to Mars or simply not bothered.

10. bp1000

bp1000 Member

I wish a production slot would open up for my UK RHD p85d :(

waiting until aug/sep now

11. 46&2

46&2 Member

Which might mean they delay European cars on purpose in favor of an U.S. Model S that can be delivered in Q1..?

12. 46&2

46&2 Member

Oh yes, as supposed. My estimated delivery date has been "late April" since a month or two (instead of "April" it was before).
    Today, it's been updated to May. Lame, /me thinks.

13. mspohr

mspohr Active Member

Why would RHD be supply constrained? Are there any parts unique to RHD that they don't make in house?

14. Cosmacelf

Cosmacelf Active Member

Since they use Mercedes parts for the steering column stalks, yes, this could very well be an issue especially since the west coast docks are back logged due to a work slowdown.

15. mspohr

mspohr Active Member

Are the steering columns different for LHD and RHD?
    One of my biggest pet peeves when moving between LHD and RHD cars is that some of them transpose the positions of the turn signal and windshield wiper arms so that I am constantly turning on the wipers when I mean to signal a turn. I thought they homologized this with the "new" steering columns last fall.

16. Sigma4Life

Sigma4Life Member

I had the same issue. I called the main sales contact number on the Tesla site and complained a few times. Usually after complaining my DS would magically give me a call and / or respond to emails.

17. David_Cary

David_Cary Member

What is with the DS's? I too had to call Tesla to get them to respond to ?'s. My delivery is in 8 days and simple questions takes days to respond too. The process is not good. Simple questions like - is my lease paperwork complete, what is the cash needed on delivery (still not answered), what time to pick car up etc. Not exactly difficult and require research.

18. n33d45p33d

n33d45p33d Member

I haven't really sent questions to my DS so I don't know if he would regularly not answer. I guess as I get closer to delivery. I'm curious if the reason why they moved me up as opposed to someone that was infront of me in the line was because I was already approved for leasing since before I ordered so they know it's a quick process and that I didn't have to start the application process and all that. Basically a for sure sale that's already approved. Were the others that got moved up already approved?

19. svp6

svp6 Member

Just be careful what you wish for. Go in early, and you may miss on hardware upgrades. Of course, you will enjoy your car earlier.

20. ricola

ricola Member

There was a delay announced for RHD AWD part delays. My RHD S85 order was confirmed Feb 1st and my DS tells me it is due to go to production the last week of March for a UK delivery late May..