Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Just got a call from my DS....

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
....to let me know that a production slot opened up and he can move my delivery to the end of this month instead of the scheduled end of April delivery! He wanted to know if I was ok with that? Of course! A whole month early, I could barely wait knowing it was for end of April. Imagine now lol

....to let me know that a production slot opened up and he can move my delivery to the end of this month instead of the scheduled end of April delivery! He wanted to know if I was ok with that? Of course! A whole month early, I could barely wait knowing it was for end of April. Imagine now lol

Same exact thing happened to me this past Saturday. They must be pushing for the end of quarter goals.

Since they use Mercedes parts for the steering column stalks, yes, this could very well be an issue especially since the west coast docks are back logged due to a work slowdown.
Are the steering columns different for LHD and RHD?
One of my biggest pet peeves when moving between LHD and RHD cars is that some of them transpose the positions of the turn signal and windshield wiper arms so that I am constantly turning on the wipers when I mean to signal a turn. I thought they homologized this with the "new" steering columns last fall.

i wish my DS will make contact with me. I have sent a few emails but it seems the DS has either gone for a trip to Mars or simply not bothered.

I had the same issue. I called the main sales contact number on the Tesla site and complained a few times. Usually after complaining my DS would magically give me a call and / or respond to emails.

What is with the DS's? I too had to call Tesla to get them to respond to ?'s. My delivery is in 8 days and simple questions takes days to respond too. The process is not good. Simple questions like - is my lease paperwork complete, what is the cash needed on delivery (still not answered), what time to pick car up etc. Not exactly difficult and require research.

I haven't really sent questions to my DS so I don't know if he would regularly not answer. I guess as I get closer to delivery. I'm curious if the reason why they moved me up as opposed to someone that was infront of me in the line was because I was already approved for leasing since before I ordered so they know it's a quick process and that I didn't have to start the application process and all that. Basically a for sure sale that's already approved. Were the others that got moved up already approved?