Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Just got back from a test drive

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My first test drive with the P100D White Pearl on 22” but it was on 75D mode because realisticaly I’m not going to buy a P100D lol. Here are my thoughts:

Let’s start with the pros:

- Autopilot is the *sugar*!!
- Love the highseating
- Overal specious
- Felt like I could drive anywhere
- Felt really safe

Cons:
- It felt bulky and heavy
- Felt lots of bumps on the highway. Did not like this at all.

The most disapointing thing I noticed...
The sound system :(((((( I was so heartbroke. The sound is all in the front and I don’t like that.

We returned the car to have a quick drive in the S. Did not like it at all.

So we left. And I was a lil disapointed. I really wanted to like the X completely. I was like “this isn’t right”. So I went back and ask if I could try the 75D with the 20” rims I saw they had parked outside. Right when I got on the road I was like “Yes!! This is it. It’s those damn rims that made a huge difference!” also the 75D weighs less and was more nimble. It was so much more smoother.

They let us sit in the 3 and my parents liked it way more then the S. It had more room and best of all.. THE SOUND SYSTEM. It was amazing.

So now I’m on the fense of thinking about getting a 3 and I haven’t even driven it yet lol I really wanna be team MX but the 3 is way cheaper and I like the seats a bit more.

Anyone own a 3 and an X? Which one do you like more?

They let us sit in the 3 and my parents liked it way more then the S. It had more room and best of all.. THE SOUND SYSTEM. It was amazing.

So now I’m on the fense of thinking about getting a 3 and I haven’t even driven it yet lol I really wanna be team MX but the 3 is way cheaper and I like the seats a bit more.

Anyone own a 3 and an X? Which one do you like more?
FWIW I took my parents to check out the 3 and also to ride in the 3 during my Performance 3 test drive. They sat in the S and X in the showroom and were not impressed. They thought the 3rd row in the X was "useless unless you're an ant" and the S they said felt like "old technology" after they had played around in the 3.

FWIW I took my parents to check out the 3 and also to ride in the 3 during my Performance 3 test drive. They sat in the S and X in the showroom and were not impressed. They thought the 3rd row in the X was "useless unless you're an ant" and the S they said felt like "old technology" after they had played around in the 3.

I agree about the S, but I love SUVS so I still like the X a lot. The 3 is by far the most advanced Tesla up to date though.

I love my X because of the height. I think I can see more than in my old BMW 3. :D

As for the tires, yep, the 20s are great for potholes and overall comfort. Also much better coming from a semi-sports car!

The third row in the X is for kids or emergencies. We got the five seater so we can fold it flat for large cargo but it’s all personal preference on how many people you carry often. For long trips the X is great and you may want the 100 for that as remember you will have probably 85% usable battery of that.

The 3 is a smaller car with a smaller trunk area. And a smaller frunk.