Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

just got car back from hv battery replacement, almost got stranded and had to limp home.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got our car, 2015 P85D, back from SC. they replace the HV battery under warranty. got the new pack, 1014116-00-C.

yesterday after just hours of getting the car returned, put in the charger at home, tesla ac charger 32A, got a fault code after 20mins. chg_f099. charger temperature exceeds limit.

today, my wife took the car on a 90 mile trip to see her mother, on the way back it started spewing codes at her. Dls_w126, Dl_w126, Dl_w127.

what to make of this? is it low on coolant or some other?

infant = new, young.
Humans are fragile for the first 2 months or so of life and even the first year by memory. Then mortality nose dives until teen years where it is still really low.
Any new electronic has a similar fragile period then a period of stability before a slowly increasing chance of failure.
So - infant mortality on a battery refers to a greater than normal likelihood of failure in the first XXX time period. 2 months is about right.

infant = new, young.
Humans are fragile for the first 2 months or so of life and even the first year by memory. Then mortality nose dives until teen years where it is still really low.
Any new electronic has a similar fragile period then a period of stability before a slowly increasing chance of failure.
So - infant mortality on a battery refers to a greater than normal likelihood of failure in the first XXX time period. 2 months is about right.
This is a very good answer, also made me chuckle! 😄

I found this for one of your code.

3B98E4FB-408E-48E3-88D6-F1F7734065C4.jpeg

Always call the help desk and make sure they copy codes to your log. Locally your codes disappear after 3 days. Always call at any problem. My file is 100 pages, but SC claims they can't see the Drapper file? SC and I are in a fight now over codes. Have appointment Monday with SC manager.
Put this in ur contacts 877-798-3752. Stay on till u get live person.

Reactions: aerodyne and rbuljo