Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Just got into an accident. How’s it look?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
New Jersey here.

Looked into it and below commenter is correct. No fault only applies to medical bills. I’m in NJ
Great. Then your insurance will subjugate the other party’s insurance once fault is confirmed. You should be able to get a “like” rental car, as in luxury model, for the duration. But probably need to push for that and confirm.

Typically your insurance should manage everything on your behalf. Looks like you're in NY or NJ, which are both no-fault states? If so, talk with your insurance about the implications. In CA, the at-fault driver would have to cover rental car, etc. indefinitely during repair, but that may be different in your state if coverage is limited / governed by your own policy due to no-fault.
Looked into it and below commenter is correct. No fault only applies to medical bills. I’m in NJ.

Speaking with the insurance “claims” official person (forget what they’re called). Will mention this. Although I’d hate to not have the free charging I guess a new S or (maybe a Lucid?!) would be nice.

Plus my S has been having some small issues lately and 4 year free warranty is about 10 months away so a new car with a fresh warranty might be nice.

Great. Then your insurance will subjugate the other party’s insurance once fault is confirmed. You should be able to get a “like” rental car, as in luxury model, for the duration. But probably need to push for that and confirm.
Hopefully. I’ll push for it but insurance says 30 days / 900 max. They have some sort of deals with Enterprise and Hertz but not excited about driving an ICE. Tesla for about 7 years. I always forget to use the breaks, turn them off, etc ha

• Funny
Reactions: Ciaopec
Yea, from reading other posts appears it will be a while. I’m in North NJ so will start looking soon.

My insurance provides a rental for 30 days. I think they said $30 a day. Amica. Next time I’ll add the extra ~$20/year for extended rental car.

So after 30 days I’m SOL? Pay on my own? Since it’s their fault can I reclaim past 30 days from their insurance?

Also, in the midst of it all I was asked if I was hurt. I said no. But a couple hours later now my neck and back feel a bit sore. Nothing major and not trying to get extra money from them but might go to Doc later if it continues. It could be from my workout.
Contact the at-faults insurance company about the rental. They are on the hook for providing it until you get your car back. The 30 day thing does not apply. Make sure you get a diminished value lawyer or once the repair is complete. They will get you thousands.

Reactions: DerbyDave
2020 Model S vs a big Dodge SUV. She turned left in front of me, I slammed on the breaks and hit her pretty good. Cop said it’s her fault and obviously I have sentry plus another dash cam in the car for proof. We’re both fine. I was coming home from a workout/HIIT class.

My body is a little sore but not sure if it’s from the workout or accident. If it gets worse in next couple of hours I’ll go to the Dr.

This really sucks because first, I like this car. I know it can be fixed but a car that’s been in an accident is depreciated. The tow truck guy said I could sue her insurance for the depreciation. Plus, this model S has free supercharging. So if I get a new car don’t think I’ll get that back.

Thoughts on damage/totaling/length of time to repair? Have had a model S (on my second one now) since 2017. Before that don’t think I’ve ever been in an accident so lot of researching to do.

Thanks in advance for any info.
Not horrible damage. Go to the Doctor and have yourself looked at. There is a reason the "tow truck guy" is a tow truck guy.