Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Just got my 14-50 plug installed

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'd like to see some pictures of how people are hanging their mobile connectors.
Charger Holder (since my 14-50 isn't flush I added some spacer wood behind the holder to keep the cable straight):
Cable/Plug holder:
Velcro for unused loops:

20210624_120710.jpg

20210624_122448.jpg

Reactions: mrau
ARE you a screw dealer?? All I'm saying is that a lot of "requirements" are really suggestions, the proof of which is in how I hang my mobile connector. My wall outlet is well able to support the wall connector, but maybe there are outlets out there that are not. Your suggestion of putting a couple screws in the wall to help support the connector might be a good idea if one were having trouble with the connector pulling out of the outlet -- but I don't have that trouble, and I doubt many do. It boils down to people using their brains, looking at the equipment and making intelligent decisions rather than following others for no reason.
Everyone can make their own decisions, but I'm just saying it's part of the official recommendation for a reason. The plug coming out of the outlet isn't the only issue, it's the mobile connector pulling off the adapter while hanging on it. Unlike the Roaster one that appears to be twist lock, the latest MCs are just friction fit for that connection. Another pointed out upthread they didn't use a support, but that connection started becoming loose so they added one. YMMV, but it's still worth mentioning, especially given there are plenty of ways to support the MC even on almost no budget.