TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Just got my Model 3 and going back to Service Center tomorrow

Discussion in 'Model 3: Interior & Exterior' started by boosterman, May 10, 2018.

1. boosterman

boosterman Member

I just got my Model 3 in Atlanta and I'm really happy with everything except there are few things that's bugging me so I'm going back to the Service Center tomorrow.

1. Wheel alignment problem - When I put the handle dead center, the car veers to the left. I hope this is an easy fix for them.

2. Rock chip where the trunk and the body meet. See pic.
    rock chip.jpg

3. Inside rubber seal gasket has bulge on all four doors. At first I thought this was normal since it was happening on all four doors but looking at other people's photo, I think mine needs service. Can anyone chime in here?
    front left.jpg front right.jpg rear left.jpg rear right.jpg

I'm happy that I don't have any panel gaps nor chrome misalignment so as long as above items are fixed, I think I have a perfect car.
    front.jpg left.jpg rear.jpg right.jpg

• Like x 1
    • Love x 1
  2. kev1n

kev1n Member

the chip area is going to need new paint unless its something else.

alignment / rubber just looks like it needs to be fitted better

3. effinb

effinb Member

I had the same gasket bulge on 2 of my doors. Service center took care of it.

4. boosterman

boosterman Member

Thanks! Glad to know.

5. boosterman

boosterman Member

Agreed. I hope these are easy fixes.

6. CuriousM3

CuriousM3 Member

If that’s the only chip , I say touch it up and enjoy , the rest is minor and correctable. Mine needs to be repainted bc there were too many chips and rework from them adjusting the trunk at the factory

7. MosquitoFloss

MosquitoFloss Member

Wow, did every door have a gasket problem? That's nuts!

8. boosterman

boosterman Member

I'm sorry that you have to get yours repainted. I went to the service center today and they said they will need 4-5 days to do the rock chip touch up. I'm not sure what kind of touch up takes 4-5 days but I had no other option.

Yes, every door. They said they will glue it down for me as it does not affect the integrity of the gasket.

9. freeride1

freeride1 Member

Did the service center's fix for the door gaskets work? I took delivery of my car just last week and I have this problem on three of the four doors. The my delivery adviser has not yet got back to me on what they are going to do about it. On my car, the bulges in the gaskets are all slightly different sizes and in slightly different locations from each other. I'm interested to know if gluing them down worked for you long term.

10. plasmo

plasmo Member

Geez. Thanks for these photos. I didn’t even notice that i have 3 areas of the rubber seal gaskets also clumped around the doors as well in a 3 areas. Wasn’t too noticeable until you pointed it out. Is this easy to fix (diy at home) or does this need to be sent to the service center?

11. OmahaG8

OmahaG8 Member

I had one weatherstrip like this - they sent a Ranger out and replaced. New one was good.

12. super20g

super20g Member

Looks like a really clean build overall, congrats!

You might want to make sure the body shop they sub out to is known to be excellent, cause sometimes they cause more harm than good.