Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Just got my Model 3 and going back to Service Center tomorrow

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just got my Model 3 in Atlanta and I'm really happy with everything except there are few things that's bugging me so I'm going back to the Service Center tomorrow.

1. Wheel alignment problem - When I put the handle dead center, the car veers to the left. I hope this is an easy fix for them.

2. Rock chip where the trunk and the body meet. See pic.
rock chip.jpg

3. Inside rubber seal gasket has bulge on all four doors. At first I thought this was normal since it was happening on all four doors but looking at other people's photo, I think mine needs service. Can anyone chime in here?
front left.jpg
front right.jpg
rear left.jpg
rear right.jpg

I'm happy that I don't have any panel gaps nor chrome misalignment so as long as above items are fixed, I think I have a perfect car.
front.jpg
left.jpg
rear.jpg
right.jpg

If that’s the only chip , I say touch it up and enjoy , the rest is minor and correctable. Mine needs to be repainted bc there were too many chips and rework from them adjusting the trunk at the factory
I'm sorry that you have to get yours repainted. I went to the service center today and they said they will need 4-5 days to do the rock chip touch up. I'm not sure what kind of touch up takes 4-5 days but I had no other option.

Wow, did every door have a gasket problem? That's nuts!
Yes, every door. They said they will glue it down for me as it does not affect the integrity of the gasket.

I'm sorry that you have to get yours repainted. I went to the service center today and they said they will need 4-5 days to do the rock chip touch up. I'm not sure what kind of touch up takes 4-5 days but I had no other option.

Yes, every door. They said they will glue it down for me as it does not affect the integrity of the gasket.

Did the service center's fix for the door gaskets work? I took delivery of my car just last week and I have this problem on three of the four doors. The my delivery adviser has not yet got back to me on what they are going to do about it. On my car, the bulges in the gaskets are all slightly different sizes and in slightly different locations from each other. I'm interested to know if gluing them down worked for you long term.

Geez. Thanks for these photos. I didn’t even notice that i have 3 areas of the rubber seal gaskets also clumped around the doors as well in a 3 areas. Wasn’t too noticeable until you pointed it out. Is this easy to fix (diy at home) or does this need to be sent to the service center?