Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Just got my Model S back from the shop after a month and 3 days...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
First night back in SF to visit my girlfriend and someone breaks the rear quarter panel glass and steals my pallet of water.

What's the process here? I've seen and read that they have to take off the chrome piece to fix the glass. Is this going to be a body shop again or can Tesla SC's fix this? Anyone with experience on insurance? Ameriprise seemed to consider this under the glass repair category but I'm afraid that it's going to effect my insurance rates and everyone else because it happened so quickly after a no fault accident.

Just any tips or helpful pieces of information would be nice. I'm pretty sick with rage and sadness right now. I love this car and I feel like I've been a terrible parent.

First night back in SF to visit my girlfriend and someone breaks the rear quarter panel glass and steals my pallet of water.

What's the process here? I've seen and read that they have to take off the chrome piece to fix the glass. Is this going to be a body shop again or can Tesla SC's fix this? Anyone with experience on insurance? Ameriprise seemed to consider this under the glass repair category but I'm afraid that it's going to effect my insurance rates and everyone else because it happened so quickly after a no fault accident.

Just any tips or helpful pieces of information would be nice. I'm pretty sick with rage and sadness right now. I love this car and I feel like I've been a terrible parent.

I'm so sorry to hear this. Apparently people in SF know that the alarm won't sound if you break that rear quarter panel to get in. If you're in the Model S owners Facebook group this has been discussed there before.