TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Just got my Model S!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Mones, Oct 23, 2015.

1. Mones

Mones Member

Just took delivery of the Model S on Wednesday! Third day of driving bliss!

Getting used to the car and all it's features. Amazing driving experience when you go past the "test drive" environment.

Wanted to ask a bunch of questions to in reference to new Tesla owners (things to get, heard about signing up for charging stations, etc), what would be the best forum to do that in?

2. Rockster

Rockster Active Member

Welcome and congratulations! In the words of Captain Picard, "I envy you. You're just at the beginning of the adventure."

The various sub-forums (battery, UI, driving dynamics, etc.) are the best place to post your specific questions. You'll find no shortage of information (or opinions) here!

3. taurusking

taurusking Member

Congrats !!!

Mones ....Posting pictures of the car delivery is a tradition for Tesla owners.:smile:

4. Mones

Mones Member

Thanks for the welcome. And the fact that you quoted Picard is REALLY eerie seeing that I named my Model S "NCC 1701-E"

Will definitely dive into the sub forums. Been perusing them for a while now, but will get some posts going.

5. Electricfan

Electricfan Member

Yea, pics or it didn't happen! :biggrin:

6. Mones

Mones Member

I'm not one to take pics a lot, BUT I did take one after plugging the car in for the first time after the drive home from pickup!

File 2015-10-23, 12 37 51 PM.jpeg

7. Electricfan

Electricfan Member

I would say the NCC-1701E never looked better! Make it so! Where no man has gone before! etc etc

Beautiful car!

8. Kandiru

Kandiru Member

#8 Kandiru, Oct 23, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2015
    Judging by the transformer behind the vehicle you went all the way and built a garage supercharger:) You are definitely dedicated to the cause.

Congrats, may it serve you well for many years to come.

Get Lamin-X headlight (thickest for puddle lights, they shatter) and edge guard, don't forget to edge guard the lip of the trunk also.

9. Mones

Mones Member

I actually live in a condo...Was able to get the HPWC installed. They thankfully moved my parking spot closer to the electrical unit to help lower cost. I wish I could make a home supercharger....Would be epic.

- - - Updated - - -

Also getting Opticoat as well as 3M ProSeries wrap...Went in between Xpel and ProSeries; chose ProSeries in the end. What's the difference with Lamin-X?

10. Kurt Foster

Kurt Foster Zero FX Stealthfighter

Nice car! Congradulations again! I know this is an old post, but I just love seeing peoples new cars.
    And that new car smell!