Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Just got my pack replaced: 1014116-00-c

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was waiting for the MCU2 upgrade parts to come in. While the car was there they replaced the HV pack. My '15 85D had one of those packs that they reduced supercharging speed due to some fires in Asia. I'm really happy with this pack. It supercharges at regular speeds now. Also getting more range. I believe it's a 90kw pack. So if you see that part number be glad!

I was waiting for the MCU2 upgrade parts to come in. While the car was there they replaced the HV pack. My '15 85D had one of those packs that they reduced supercharging speed due to some fires in Asia. I'm really happy with this pack. It supercharges at regular speeds now. Also getting more range. I believe it's a 90kw pack. So if you see that part number be glad!
Good for you- Tesla has made you happy- not a very common occurrence , but very good gesture from tesla

Lithivm - happy for you!

What puzzles me, or it's just missing in the story - why did they change the pack proactively - or did you have issues besides chargegate on the car already?

I am asking as a german P85+ owner that has a quote of 20kUSD for the same pack on request - so my car is still working fine with SUC flat - I am thinking about paying for this pack in exchange for my chargegated original 85 pack - I am out of warranty as well.

Last edited:
What puzzles me, or it's just missing in the story - why did they change the pack proactively - or did you have issues besides chargegate on the car already?

It puzzled me too when I read it in April. A $23k HV battery pack is not a set of wiper blades in stock at the SC and ready to be given out proactively.

Something is missing from the OP's description.

My HV battery died on a cross country trip from NYC to Colorado. Tesla kept my car for almost 3 weeks and replaced the battery with ASY-HV BATTERY,90KWH,SX(1014116-00-C). The catch is I have to fly back out to Colorado to pick up my car. My Model S 85D is out of warranty but the HV battery was still under warranty. They also replaced a bunch of stuff and did an alignment. Besides the battery, and obvious stuff like a nut/bolt, anyone know what these parts are and why they were changed?

NUT, M10X1.50MM(2007059- 2.00 00-B)
BATTERY BOLTS, SERVICE 1.00 REPAIR KIT, SX(1138547-00-A)
REAR SUBFRAME SHEAR 1.00 PLATE - RIGHT(1055866-00-B)
REAR SUBFRAME SHEAR 1.00 PLATE - LEFT(1055766-00-B)
HIGH VOLTAGE RAPIDMATE 1.00 TOP RING - HIGH VOLTAGE
BATTERY 2.0(1041311-00-C)
CLIP,PUSH-PULL,7.0 28.00 HOLE,20.0 OD,11.5L(1037218-
00-B)
COVER,SKI,SIDE,REAR,BATT 2.00 ENCLOS(1032386-00-C)
COVER,SKI,SIDE,MID,BATT 2.00 ENCLOS(1032385-00-C)
COVER,SKI,SIDE,FRONT,BATT 2.00 ENCLOS(1032384-00-C)
REAR UPPER LINK 2.00 SUSPENSION ASSEMBLY -
DUAL MOTOR(1027426-00-C)
SCR,M5-0.8X16,PH,TRX,STL 1.00 8.8,ZNC,W/PATCH(1020748-00-
A)
ASY-HV 1.00 BATTERY,90KWH,SX(1014116-
00-C)
ASY,COOLANT CX,VEH SIDE, 1.00 MS AND MX(1003117-00-H)
REAR TOE LINK, X- 1.00 AXIS(1043964-00-C)

The discrepancy across the line is very puzzling. Some 85's get those extra parts replaced and some don't. Mine, in addition to several others I know, did not. When I asked about it, they said what's being replaced is based on the "configuration" of the car.

@Mrgeorgevargas - Is your 85D a 2015 or 2016 car?

When Tesla replaced the battery on my 12/2014 car with the 1014116 pack (before I owned it), they did not change the rear shear plates. Electrical Garage told me this was a problem b/c the original rear shear plates didn't fit the new pack well, and "the subframe nut is at risk of falling out." Based upon this info, I asked Tesla to fix this when I brought in my car for another service. They redid the rear shear plates as a goodwill service. They didn't need to drop the battery to do this work.

When they installed 1014116-00-C on my 2015 S85 a few months ago, the two rear subframe shear plates were replaced. However, they did not replace any rear suspension links as it has been the case with two 2014 Model S85 cars within the last 6 months that I'm aware of.

Found this post on Reddit while searching for the parts used in my invoice (listed below)

Have a 2015 MS85 with 5 months left on warranty. Car through a slew of battery issues then the car became immobile in my garage. Could not remove the charging cable and mine did not have the release tab or cable. After a lot of effort, they could charge my 12V battery to get it to release, then they could tow the car in.

Also received the same battery as you. Other threads indicate this is not a refurb or reman. Which is completely awesome. Really cool they did the suspension links and new 12V battery. None of that was listed in my warranty!

A full, new 90KWH battery:
BATTERY,90KWH,SX(1014116-00-C)

A new 12V battery (woohoo!)
BATTERY, 12V, DCS33-UNCR, MS --PRE-REFRESH(1083774-00-B)

And a few bolts and suspension links e.g.:
RR UPPER LINK ASSY(1027421-00-E)

Mine is at the SC for replacement as well. 2020 MS with about 65K miles on it. I purchased it new with 400ish miles of advertised range. Here’s what Tesla said about my replacement… “it will be a remanufactured battery pack that meets the specs of your vehicle when you first took delivery”. I’m not seeing any threads that support this statement. What are you guys getting from the 90 pack in terms of total range.

Are folks getting 100kWh replacements or am I screwed?

From MODEL S MODEL X MODEL 3 NEW VEHICLE LIMITED WARRANTY:

"If your Battery or Drive Unit requires warranty repair, Tesla will repair the unit, or replace it with a new, reconditioned or remanufactured part at the sole discretion of Tesla. The warranty replacement may not restore the vehicle to a "like new" condition, but when replacing a Battery, Tesla will ensure that the energy capacity of the replacement Battery is at least equal to that of the original Battery before the failure occurred while taking into consideration other factors, including the age and mileage of the vehicle."

From MODEL S MODEL X MODEL 3 NEW VEHICLE LIMITED WARRANTY:

"If your Battery or Drive Unit requires warranty repair, Tesla will repair the unit, or replace it with a new, reconditioned or remanufactured part at the sole discretion of Tesla. The warranty replacement may not restore the vehicle to a "like new" condition, but when replacing a Battery, Tesla will ensure that the energy capacity of the replacement Battery is at least equal to that of the original Battery before the failure occurred while taking into consideration other factors, including the age and mileage of the vehicle."
I don’t speak lawyer but apparently they do. Translation..I’m screwed. Not a great time to trade in so I guess I’ll just have to wait and see what they find. The SC said they were looking for one comparable, might be a minute. Did get a loaner though…shout out to the SC on Westheimer, home of the World Series winning Houston Astros.

Battery before the failure occurred while taking into consideration other factors, including the age and mileage of the vehicle."
It’s this part right here. That’s a lawyers dodge if I ever seen one. What are those other factors…I know my car wasn’t getting 400 on a full charge but it was north of 350. You can’t get that without getting me a 100kWh pack. I may be wrong but we shall see.