Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Just got notice that my production was pushed back by a week.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My vin # is 112805. I ordered a Titanium Metallic 70D. I am located on the East coast.

placed 10/8
confirmed 10/15
vin assigned 10/16
Entered production queue on 10/22 (I think)
In production as of 11/4

December delivery quoted at time of ordering. No tentative delivery yet, but my DS says most likely early December.

11330X Titanium Metallic 90D in Chicago area.

Placed 10/13
Confirmed 10/19
"The Tesla Factory is building your Model S"
Estimated delivery in December
Asked about outside chance of pre-Thanksgiving delivery, DS said it's possible but no guarantee.
Panoramic roof, Autopilot, Subzero options.

4-5 Week Delivery

Under My Tesla now says Delivery between December 5th and December 19th. Car is still in production from Approx November 3rd.

My order confirmed on Nov. 4. Here in San Diego my DS told me that they were seeing 4-5 week delivery lately. I did notice when designing my vehicle that delivery of the D model was supposedly sooner than the RWD model. Mine is an 85D.

At this moment the Pick Up section of My Tesla does not list a delivery date.

My car is done and sitting at the service center in Seattle. If I lived in WA and didn't need it shipped to Alaska, I would have taken delivery 11 days after production started and 19 days after order confirmation. That's insanely fast! I likely won't personally take delivery for another couple weeks at least since I'm going to have them install Xpel and CQuartz before putting on the barge to Alaska.

I would be very interesting to know the real reasons behind these inconsistencies in timing.

I'm definitely interested in knowing how they prioritize orders.

VIN 1146XX
90D
Pick-up at the Fremont factory.

Ordered - 10/18 At the time, the website estimated mid-Dec delivery.
Confirmed - 10/25 When our order confirmed, our DS said that the estimated delivery is early-Dec.
In Production - 11/10, but there's no delivery estimate on the My Tesla page, only pick-up location. :confused: