TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Just got P85D VIN. Anyone know where that puts me in terms of production finish date?

Discussion in 'Model S: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by gordo, Jan 22, 2015.

1. gordo

gordo Member

VIN 741xx. In the P85D tracking spreadsheet, delivered VINs only go up to mid 60s. Extrapolating that out in Excel didn't show much of an obvious trend, so just curious where that VIN would put me in terms of production.

2. breser

breser AutoPilot Nostradamus

Tesla does not build cars in VIN serial order. So you can't extrapolate production timing from your VIN.

Just call your DS and ask when you're scheduled to start production. They can tell you this, though they may try not to since they don't all like to do so. Keep in mind whatever they tell you is subject to change.

3. WarrenInCA

WarrenInCA Member

March 31st or "sooner"

4. Elshout

Elshout Member

I am supposed to take delivery by the end of January, my VIN is 68166.

5. actionspa

actionspa Member

I just got my Vin. 73793 last week and I am still showing March. When they called yesterday regarding the back seat preference I requested an upgrade to the new executive seats so I am preparing for a change to April but fingers crossed that doesn't happen!

6. bonaire

bonaire Active Member

S85 Vins were done about 50-55 days before delivery. P85D are a little closer. And since your delivery is nearly "guaranteed" to be in Q1, I suspect a delivery date of 40-42 days from now is your delivery date. SWAG is March 8-12.

7. Not an Ice

Not an Ice Member

Hey Actionspa
    I am in same boat as you, I got the call last week re rear seats and made the same change as you to executive rear seats (100k + for a hatch back never turned me on). The VIN showed up next day and estimated date went from "late march" to "march" at the same time. My thought is they actually have some of these seats kicking around as opposed to the issue laden rear NG's. I ordered though in Oct for a March delivery so it has been on the books for a while, assuming that makes any difference.

All the best, VIN 74613

8. actionspa

actionspa Member

Ice, did you notice your PDf now shows the updated picture of the Executive rears? I think it looks SO much better back there, don't you?
    Way to go!

Take Care.

9. Not an Ice

Not an Ice Member

So VIN was Jan 20 +/- production complete was 3/2/15, just waiting for delivery!

10. CHG-ON

CHG-ON Still in love after all these miles

Expect the date to move around quite a bit. For me it was 3 delays for a total delay of 3 weeks. Though it killed me, not bad for a young company that can't build them fast enough. And the only real problem for me was that I wasn't about to deliver well over 100K without a definite date. So managing my portfolio and banks was a bit of a hassle. My delivery is below. Ordered 6-26-14, JUST before they opened China and the UK and shut down for retooling the expanded line. Originalyl, for my P85+, I was supposed to have priority delivery of one month. So that pissed me off, but I did understand. I think those days are long gone now.