Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Just got rear ended

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Happy Saturday, I just got rear ended, wondering what the best course of action is? Never been in an accident before. Here are some pics
D0273DFC-7CFD-49BD-BF4D-B5B343369059.jpeg

Attachments

• D536828D-94C1-4AF9-A85E-A3C2BC3B0B49.jpeg
    D536828D-94C1-4AF9-A85E-A3C2BC3B0B49.jpeg
    431.6 KB · Views: 64
  • 8C99226E-8E43-4347-9951-CE3DEEF9791A.jpeg
    8C99226E-8E43-4347-9951-CE3DEEF9791A.jpeg
    582.5 KB · Views: 68
It's only the bumper. It won't be that bad. Maybe insurance adjuster will give you a few hundred bucks. Tesla probably wants $1-2k for a new bumper. Most colission centers will do some sanding and repainting.

Course of action is to call the other insurance company and report and open a claim.

You might wanna give us more info like do you have the sentry footage, the driver's license info and insurance of the other party. Witnesses. Police reports

Reactions: lUtriaNt and Mr X
It's only the bumper. It won't be that bad. Maybe insurance adjuster will give you a few hundred bucks. Tesla probably wants $1-2k for a new bumper. Most colission centers will do some sanding and repainting.

Course of action is to call the other insurance company and report and open a claim.

You might wanna give us more info like do you have the sentry footage, the driver's license info and insurance of the other party. Witnesses. Police reports
In Ontario you call your own insurance company. Doesn't look bad. But have you had the trunk lid painted before? Sure has bad paint on it.

I have the other persons info. They admitted fault. I left a message with their insurance company.

If I am not at fault shouldn’t I have Tesla do it? Wouldn’t they know more about what to check for damage (sensors etc)?

I booked a collision repair through the app at a service centre and they had time available as early as Tuesday.

Reactions: john5520 and 1.21GW
Doesn't look too bad at all....they can get that fixed up pretty quick. I had to replace my front facia back in late 2018 and it was not big deal. It sucks the first time it happens for sure. I did mine at the Tesla Service Center Repair Shop.

Last edited:
I would have Tesla do it if it was me. You're the one being inconvenienced by this so get it fixed wherever it gives you peace of mind.
I would want it to look like it was before the accident so new car means new bumper with matching paint and all sensors checked to be correct. waste no time booking it, not sure how quick they get replacement parts n Ontario.

Reactions: pension
Thanks for your input. I spoke with my insurance broker and they said since it is not my fault, my insurance will not go up if I make a claim.

I am going to go through Tesla to have it repaired. A bit of a pain since the nearest SC is 3 hours away but I would rather have them replace the bumper and inspect everything to make sure nothing else is wrong.
that's what I did, just got a new bumper, had Tesla do it

Reactions: pension
Thanks for your input. I spoke with my insurance broker and they said since it is not my fault, my insurance will not go up if I make a claim.

I am going to go through Tesla to have it repaired. A bit of a pain since the nearest SC is 3 hours away but I would rather have them replace the bumper and inspect everything to make sure nothing else is wrong.

that is a right answer here. good luck