Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Just got rear ended

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was driving to work today and was rear ended while sitting at a red light (@#$%^&!). I'm guessing the kid that hit me was going no faster than 5 mph because there was no visible damage to my 3 month old 70D other than dents in the rear bumper from his front license plate screws. The damage to his front end was substantial in comparison. Of course, you never know what damage may not be visible.

Looking for advice on how to proceed. Based on what I've read, I should contact Tesla to get the name of an authorized repair shop. I suspect my rear bumper will need to be replaced because I doubt there is any way to patch the screw indentations. I live in the western suburbs of Chicago, so I presume there will be a nearby repair shop.

The teenage kid that hit me was driving on a suspended license (due to too many prior accidents) in a car without insurance (no surprise since he lost his license). As a result, I will likely get stuck with having to use my uninsured motorist insurance and that might impact my future insurance rates (@#$!%).

Thankfully, no one was hurt and the damage was minor.
you know, from your description, the damage is easily and cheaply fixed.the plastic can be filled in by plastic welding and sanding and the paint redone, probably all in an afternoon and at your home or place of work. In Sydney Australia I could give you the name of someone. But.... They can fix quite substantial damage including tears to the plastic. I reversed into a concrete column on day 1 with my car causing scuffing and a dent. He fixed the dent by drilling a hole, placing a screw, heating and used the screw to pull out the dent. Subsequently, he filled in the hole. If I did not tell you, you would not be aware of any damage today. Came to $350 Australian. No insurance issues.